98 slowbra

Termi 03

Team Cobra
Established Member
need help with my 98 cobra... its bone stock. only mod was a 03 t-56 six speed. it falls on his face around 4k rpm. cuts in and out and stock gt's are raping me. the car has 184k on it but ive had the engine compression checked and it was fine. i ran out of ideas so throw me some...

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Coil packs
bad wires/plugs
Fuel pump and/or filter
IMRC's are not fully opening

These might be the culprit.

Sellinger

Established Member
Coil packs
bad wires/plugs
Fuel pump and/or filter
IMRC's are not fully opening

These might be the culprit.

What he said. I'd do the first 3 first obviously, then dig in to the imrc's. There's info on here somewere about using seafoam, that would be a good idea as well.

98slowbra

Established Member
You must have me confused with someone else, if that happened to me, I would take it to the shop, I really do not work on these cars. I am very sorry I can not help you but I am sure the other guys can they really know there shit.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
A good tune up will likely do wonders. If you still have the 3:27's ditch them for a set of 4:10's/4:30's.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i've done a few things to my car and the only increases in horsepower i could feel were underdrive pulleys and seafoam. it will smoke like a bit$$ for about 15 minutes after you do it but then it runs like a champ. there is no way you should be getting waxed like that. you gotta fix that and start putting those damn gt's in there place.

Termi 03

Team Cobra
Established Member
just put 3 cans of seafoam in my gas tank, vacume line, and oil .... ideling it was smoking white???? is that good? now im going to take it out and runn the gas out... any thing im missing?

NVRENUF

Established Member
it will smoke bad for like 5 min you should go out and beat on it do like 3 or 4 WOT runs, let the car cool run another can through the intake manifold and do it again, then throw in some new plugs and change the oil and then tell us where you are. You might have to open it up and de gunk the irmc your self with that many mile on the car.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
just put 3 cans of seafoam in my gas tank, vacume line, and oil .... ideling it was smoking white???? is that good? now im going to take it out and runn the gas out... any thing im missing?

Nah, the white smoke means you blew a head gasket. You better just sell it to me for $500.

If you haven't already figured it out, the smoke is fine. It's all part of the seafoam experience!

Termi 03

Team Cobra
Established Member
ok so i was at ****ing wal-mart and sum ****ing idiot backed into me and messed the front fender up!!!! i filed a police report and everything but this cobra is just pissing me off... its soooo slow and causes a lot of problems... might be letting her go soon

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
if it was faster you could have gotten out of the way, lol! i am really not good with motors but it might be something small and then you'll be back to normal, don't give up until you know for sure that the motor is ****ed. then find a sucker.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
what wires and coil packs did you replace it with, have you removed the plugs, they may be gapped wrong....most likly your IMRC have crapped out or are clogged like a mother

Termi 03

Team Cobra
Established Member
ok i cleaned the imrcs and now it idles high...wtf is wrong with this car .. still falls on its face at 4000rpm

Users who are viewing this thread