'98 Hood question

White98SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by mambaman
ok, obviously from what people have been kind enough to post, it is a genuine cobra, so here's the deal on what the hood looks like: it has the bulge (raised center), but no openings. that said, the paint matches perfectly and all, so i'm not worried, i think it looks just fine. thanks for the responses everyone

Look like this?
mustang%20shiizzznt%20012.jpg

If it does, then it's a 95 Cobra R style hood.

97RRCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by White98SVT
Yuup that's my money pit:rolling: Thanks for the compliments man:beer:

Very Nice car, I hope to order those smoked headlights within the nxt 2 months. I wonder how they look on a Rio Red Cobra ?? :shrug:

White98SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by 97RRCOBRA
Very Nice car, I hope to order those smoked headlights within the nxt 2 months. I wonder how they look on a Rio Red Cobra ?? :shrug:

Ask and you shall recieve. I hope you appreciate it, only took like 45 mins to find:eek: :

P1010027.jpg

White98SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraCallie
*ah hem* bro? I'm a sista' mista.. :thumbsup:

Whoooooooops.......uhhh sorry about that.:shrug: I didn't pay much attention to your name, but at least I got the pics for ya:thumbsup:

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Hey White98SVT, my cobra is black. Just thought you may like to know IF you wanted to keep this thread going with smoked headlights. BTW, how do those things cost? I really like how they look.

So ya, ive just realized how off topic this thread has gotten. Sorry mambaman. Hopefully we have answered all your questions.

Last edited:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
you should seem em on an E. green (99) cobra sweet, just need smoked foglights! actually everycar I've ever seen with smoked headlights looked great, they even have em for fox's!!
i believe Late Model restoration has em, at good prices!

97RRCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by E. Green Cobra
you should seem em on an E. green (99) cobra sweet, just need smoked foglights! actually everycar I've ever seen with smoked headlights looked great, they even have em for fox's!!
i believe Late Model restoration has em, at good prices!

Where are you located ??? Im wondering if I have seen you on the street before ?? Have you ever raced a 97 Cobra in St.pete ??? Maybe we can get together sometime and head out to the track in Bradenton, maybe you know my friend Frank, he has a Stage 2 roush ??? Well its cool finally finding somebody in my area. :thumbsup:

White98SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Scream'nCobra
Hey White98SVT, my cobra is black. Just thought you may like to know IF you wanted to keep this thread going with smoked headlights. BTW, how do those things cost? I really like how they look.

Not a problem, there are pics of them on a black Cobra on the website of the place I got them. www.ultimateautomotive50.com and they're about $270 and some change shipped to your door.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Thanks a lot White. You are very helpful. Are the lights noticeably darker at night than normal headlights? I mean, can you see as well with the smoked headlights compared to the stock lights?

White98SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Scream'nCobra
Thanks a lot White. You are very helpful. Are the lights noticeably darker at night than normal headlights? I mean, can you see as well with the smoked headlights compared to the stock lights?

It's not a problem I just happen to know where most of the pics are so it makes my job easier;-)

I really haven't noticed any darkening of the emitted light coming out. Of course if you have fogs you really don't need to worry about it anyway. I don't think it changes the output and if it does than it's very minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread