98 GT vs stock 01-04 GT

SHONOFF98

Established Member
Headed home from my gf's house tonight and I see the obvious headlights/foglights of a new edge GT get up on my ass, no biggie. Looks/sounds like a bone stock GT VERT auto. He pulls up next to me and paces me for a short bit. I look over, drop it 2nd at about 40 and just hit it as he follows suit and put about 847574750987 bus lengths on him. He must have not got the hint, he slows it down again and again I drop it to 2nd this time at about 30-35 (my sweet spot) honk it off and pull another 847574750987 bus lengths on his ass :D . I had my fun so I'm still on track headed home and he decides to follow me. Well he catches a light with me, rolls down his window, I'm thinking I'm gonna get some props for dragging his ass down the street. Well turns out he is with 2 passengers both which are girls, he is maybe 18 himself. Well this little bitch has the balls to say "thats all you got? This is a stock GT vert," :eek: seriously did he just say that? I am actually quite shocked and just keep my cool and say, "You wanna see what it actually has, I only have an exhaust on it ;-) (lets run the ****ers from a dig to 100 you little ******)". He then proceeds to show his intelligence, "Pssh yea right, you have drag radials,"...AND THEN the girl from the back sticks her head out the window and says, "ooo yea well your car sounds like shit" :eek: WTF?!?!?! And then I had a sudden OVERWHELMING laughing sensation burst out of my mouth :lol: . Yes my car sounds like complete shit, get a life you 2 bit little cum guzzling taint licking ball scrathing ****. Light turns green he floors the piss out of the sonbitch, pull up next to him in 2nd while hes gunning the ****er to with in an inch of its life, goose the throttle about 4-5 times while pulling on him, put it in 3rd and this time pull 847574750987 +1 bus lengths on his ass. I think my shitty sounding exhaust scared him away, must of not liked the sound of being behind it even though he was so far back, pulls a u-turn and heads off.....sooooo he followed me for that???? WHAT A FAWKING TOOL!!!! :loser:
****ING PIECE OF ****ING SHIT GODDAMN ****ING IDIOT, I ****ING HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!!!

Breathe in........Breath out

and repeat.....................

Sorry for the rant/long post

Breathe in.........Breath out
and repeat......................

I feel better now thank you.

P.S. Exhaust = Mac headers, prochamber, magnapack cb

****ING PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

Tyler

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
006 said:

Uh how do you have a 2000 Cobra motor. There weren't any 2000 Cobras other than the exported one's and the Cobra R, which had the 5.4.

Unless you have a crate motor from the year 2000?

KYLE'S CONFUSED!

Nice kill. Don't you hate assholes?

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Sounds like some the guy and girl where husband and wife, and mother and son at the same time. Damn dumbass. Good kill bro.

scorcher2005

USMC
Established Member
ford_racer said:
Uh how do you have a 2000 Cobra motor. There weren't any 2000 Cobras other than the exported one's and the Cobra R, which had the 5.4.

KYLE'S CONFUSED!

his info clearly states he has a 98GT w/ 01 motor...

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
ford_racer said:

KYLE'S CONFUSED!

Reading is fundamental!!!!

Nice kill BTW:thumbsup:

SHONOFF98

Established Member
95KBGT said:
good kill, judging my your sig, you have a slick looking sn95.

Thanks man, that was before the exterior mods...here is what it looks like now

Mustang001.gif

Mustang002.gif

Mustang007.gif

Tyler

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Here:

http://www.performanceparts.ford.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=6688

Complete “Signature Series” engine and transmission package for 2000 Mustang Cobra

320 HP @ 6000 RPM, 315 ft./lbs. of torque @ 4750 RPM

Great for high-tech street rods and custom built cars

Includes complete engine from the dual 57mm throttle body to the oil pan

Premium fuel required

Calibration code 0G-839-AA

Includes EEC-V computer, wiring and air inlet system components

These are the motors that never made it into the 2000 Cobra production year. Ford stopped all the production of the 2000 models because the 99 Cobras were dyno-ing lower numbers than were advertised. Due to the 99 "scare" they halted everything and kept all the 2000 motors (with fixed/better intakes unlike the 99's) stored in the warehouse. There were about 150 of these motors that sat there till FRPP offered them for sale about 3 years ago. Ford then resumed production to the 2001 model year along with the few changes (mainly cosmetic..such as the seats, center console/radio, traction control etc) that they had developed in the meantime. All these 2000 motors were built between somewhere (I think Nov 99) through sometime in early 2000. These motors have a build date on them that indicate this.

Here is the build date on my motor:
swap03.jpg

The swap links in my sig offer more detailed info/pics.

Last edited:

slosnake

Established Member
I called my local dealer about this Signature series motor, and they had to research it, a little. I truely didnt expect to hear back from them, but I did today. I was told that this is a crate series motor, has all the specs of 99 & 01 motors, because that is essentially what it is. They claim that there is no limited quantities of these motors made, it is just a stock cobra motor. Im not trying to bust your bubble, or start a flaming contest, just a FYI!!!

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
I bought one of these kits about a year and a half ago and
put it in my old 2000 GT (since sold to Shame302)
It IS a 2000 Cobra motor.
The PCM reads ( on NGS) 2000 Mustang Cobra 4.6L 32V.
The wiring harnesses come with it and everything.
Too bad they are no longer available.

Users who are viewing this thread