98 Cobra vs 2013 5.0

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
OK...I am driving in my 98 cobra which has (4.10 gears, intake, catback)
I have 2 people in the car with me. We come across this new 5.0 and i see he has is wife/girlfriend with him...I already knew i was going to get raped but wanted to see what i could do up against him...

My windows are down and i pull beside him and down shift to 2nd @ 4000k RPM (40mph)...he rolls down his and i hold three fingers up and say "want to go on the third honk"...he is cocky and shakes his head yes...I honk it off and pull about 1.5 cars on him and it stays at that until about 70mph then he creeps up on me at a pretty good rate but not very hard at about 90 we both let off due to upcoming traffic and we were DEAD EVEN...

WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?

WAS HE A POOR DRIVER?...AUTO W/2.73'S?...OR IS MY CAR THAT FAST? LOL

LS2GTO

Established Member
Probably caught him snoozing or in a very bad dead spot in his gearing that you instantly put 1.5 cars on him, then he slowly reeled you in.

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
Thats what im saying?....i should of lost but my friend has a bolt-on geared 1993 black LT1 and got pulled by a car by a new M6 STOCK 5.0...same amount i beat my friend?...sooooo IDK?...that is why im asking what could of happened...when i hit it i could see the front of his car rise up, so he wasnt delayed on the hit

OW99

Established Member
Thats what im saying?....i should of lost but my friend has a bolt-on geared 1993 black LT1 and got pulled by a car by a new M6 STOCK 5.0...same amount i beat my friend?...sooooo IDK?...that is why im asking what could of happened...when i hit it i could see the front of his car rise up, so he wasnt delayed on the hit

Can you drive? My friend just got a m6 5.0 and he can't touch me, yet anyways :)

blkvenm97

Established Member
this is when good drivers meet bad drivers....this can happen on the street. i beat cars on my old 97 cobra I shouldn't have beat because of this reason. I'm sure everyone has. good race op!

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Insert......Are you sure it wasn't a v6? lol

Probably started in the wrong gear. Good kill.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
OK...I am driving in my 98 cobra which has (4.10 gears, intake, catback)
I have 2 people in the car with me. We come across this new 5.0 and i see he has is wife/girlfriend with him...I already knew i was going to get raped but wanted to see what i could do up against him...

My windows are down and i pull beside him and down shift to 2nd @ 4000k RPM (40mph)...he rolls down his and i hold three fingers up and say "want to go on the third honk"...he is cocky and shakes his head yes...I honk it off and pull about 1.5 cars on him and it stays at that until about 70mph then he creeps up on me at a pretty good rate but not very hard at about 90 we both let off due to upcoming traffic and we were DEAD EVEN...

And then I woke up.

^Fixed

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
Know i know for a FACT!....it wasnt a v6 LOL...i would not have tryed to race him...ummm im not the best driver, but not the worst...i would say average, maybe slightly better than average

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
Insert......Are you sure it wasn't a v6? lol

Probably started in the wrong gear. Good kill.

Yea, im POSITIVE...had the big ole "5.0" badges...i have raced a new v6 any ways and pulled about 5-6 cars from a 40-90, I personally think its a driver ERROR but i will still take the win.

Zemedici

Established Member
He started a gear high (he started in 3rd, while you were in 2nd), when you shifted into 3rd is when he started reeling you in.

Just my .02

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Yea, im POSITIVE...had the big ole "5.0" badges...i have raced a new v6 any ways and pulled about 5-6 cars from a 40-90, I personally think its a driver ERROR but i will still take the win.

:lol1: this just keeps getting better

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
im not saying if we went ANY longer i would of pulled him...it is for sure he was going to get me if we didnt let out...so im not denying that his car is faster than mine, that is no brainer...but to show sometimes i guess people cant drive

Users who are viewing this thread