98 Cobra Terminator Swap Wiring Help

humbro19

Established Member
I bought a 98 Terminator swapped Cobra a little while back and I'm making it my own. While doing so, I'm trying to "clean up"/fix all the wiring issues it has. I was hoping to find someone that has done this swap that could help. I'm an aircraft electrician so it doesn't scare me to get into it but I really need some detailed wiring diagrams preferably with connector locations and so on. I know that the dash harness is still 98 but the PCU and Cluster are 03. I have purchased an 03 dash harness that I will be installing to hopefully help with some of the issues but I have some connectors in the engine bay that are all spliced up that I'd like to know more about/clean up. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

hotcobra03

Established Member
http://www.bbbind.com/tech_database.html

use this for wiring diagram of 96..if you need ..its pdf files by pages..

you will see ford was nice..its circuit numbers that is followed..

connector numbers changed with some wiring colors but they should easy enough..

main pc manual shows how to get connectors apart ..

soory I havent any links to a 96 manual..these are hard to find and a working 1 to boot

humbro19

Established Member
Finally getting around to doing this and it looks like the body harness is still 98 as well. It has the factory keyless/alarm stuff back in the 03 cobra FPDM area. I'm thinking that in 03 they had that system under the dash. Anyone know if this is going to be an issue for me? Can I just leave whats in there alone and disconnect the one on the 03 harness or am I going to have to do some magic wiring to make it work?

Users who are viewing this thread