98 cobra clutch

98cobrafaf

Established Member
heyyy guys my throwout bearing went out the other day and i bought my car with a tremec 6 speed in it and i dont know what kind of clutch it takes any help are they different then in a t-45

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Your only issue will be if it is a 10 spine or a 26 spline input shaft on your T56. If you can't find out from the person who bought the transmission or the upgrade shaft if it has been upgraded, the only way to find out is to pull the tranny.

KazooGS-T

Established Member
^^^^Along with checking the input shaft, you'll also wanna check and see which flywheel you have. Can't use an 11" clutch with a 10.5" flywheel.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
^^^^ Good point.

Some aftermarket flywheels, such as my old McLeod can handle both sized clutches. If you don't know, you gotta get it apart to see what you have.

98cobrafaf

Established Member
i pulled the tranny it has numbers on it
13-86-065-902
13-86-065-908-c
and on a little metal tag it says uet1259 AA
a2031
idk what kind od clutch kit it takes

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
It doesn't matter which transmission it is. How many splines are on the tranny's input shaft, 10 or 26?

I'd pull the flywheel to have it resurfaced. The machine shop can probably tell you if it is 10.5" or 11" if you can't tell. It is probably stock so it is probably 10.5".

I always replace the throwout bearing and the pilot bearing with new stock ones. You may want to inspect the TOB sleeve on the front of the tranny for wear. You may want to replace it with a billet unit since you have it all apart. If you do that, you may want to think about upgrading the tranny to a 26 spline input shaft if you have a 10 spline, since you will have the tranny open.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
the tob sleeve broke and my throwout bearing is like melted to it

Sorry to hear it. Since the front of the tranny will have to come off for the TOB sleeve, you may want to think about a 26 spline upgrade at the same time if you have a 10 spline, especially if you are planning on upping your horsepower any time in the future.

I am running a Lethal Performance billet TOB sleeve. I think it is good insurance regardless of what you do with the input shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread