97 Forged Cobra KB Vert-Memphis Area

sighwest

Established Member
Thanks man, I appreciate the props. I sure hate to sell this thing, and I'm going to regret it, but...

I took a short vid of the car as it sits in the garage today. Its a walk-around, and cold start. Pardon the dust and southern accent.
[ame=http://s423.photobucket.com/albums/pp315/sighwest/?action=view&current=Cobracoldstart001.flv]
th_Cobracoldstart001.jpg
[/ame]

sighwest

Established Member
I may just take it off the market. Just took it for a spin in 40 degree weather with the top down and music blaring. I tell ya, the price may go up with the temperature, or off the market altogether.

sighwest

Established Member
I have a smaller pulley that I've never put on the charger. Right now I'm in the 9 lb range at 365 rwhp (stock cats). The smaller pulley would probably put it in the 11-12 lb range. 12 lbs is about all the boost that little kb can handle with the snow kit. With that 4.30 gear and KB, she's so much fun to drive!

BTW, I have a Mac offroad H pipe i'll throw in with the $11000 price, along with the original intake.

sighwest

Established Member
One 1/8 mile track day on Halloween day. I can't drive, and spun most of the way down the track. I'll post a vid. Don't make fun tho.

clc44

Established Member
I'll watch it when I get home, work computer won't let me play it. What was the time? Well mainly the trap speed? I wish I could get out of my goat! I would love to pick up a cobra.

sighwest

Established Member
I'll have to see if I can find the time slip. The whole track ordeal was pretty embarrassing, but in my defense, it's so easy to break the tires loose. That, and I shift like a grandma. I only ran it that one day.

clc44

Established Member
It's ok man, What was done to the car you ran? I saw the video on another computer here at work, but it doesn;t have speakers lol! I'm sure with tires it's low 8's to high 7's in the 1/8th if not faster.

clc44

Established Member
That car would be a monster with a big KB or whipple. Sure wish I was in the market. May be in the next year or so. My parents live close by, they live in Etta just outside of Oxford.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
the red car he walked in that video is a mid-low 13 second car if I remember correctly

sighwest

Established Member
Thanks man, but no. I appreciate the offer though. I'd either like to get into a vette or 03/04 if I ever traded.

bigj

Established Member
What do u think is the reason for the gear problem. Do you think it's low on fluid? I live in olive branch and may hit you up to see it sometime soon.

sighwest

Established Member
I've read that after replacing the clutch with an aftermarket (Spec 2 in my case) it's wise to get a firewall adjuster. I haven't purchased one, and really don't know if that would solve the problem or not.

I'd like to reiterate that the little grind going from 4th into 5th only tends to happen when its cold and COMPLETELY stops within minutes of warming up.
Its not low on fluid. I just changed the trans fluid a few hundred miles ago.

I considered purchasing a used t45 from Dynospeed, Memphis for 200 dollars and swapping it out, but this little cold grind just isn't a big enough problem for me to worry with that much. If it happened all the time, that would be a different story.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread