97 Forged Cobra KB Vert-Memphis Area

sighwest

Established Member
Has the FORD RACING ALUMINATOR SHORT BLOCK CAPABLE OF HANDLING OVER 650 HP!
I've decided to see if I can find any interest in my 1997 Cobra convertible. I'm the third owner of the car, purchasing it in June 06 in stock condition. After attempting to install a 1.5 KB, I messed up the short engine, so (Oct 08) I replaced it with a brand new Ford Racing Aluminator (8.5:1), and had a competition valve job, with new stainless valves and springs install on the b heads. I spared no expense when it came to having it put back together by Bridge Racing, in Southaven MS. It now has a Melling oil pump, ARP hardware, new water pump, new crank sensor, new Ford Racing 42 lb injectors, Lightning maf, JLT air intake, Snow Meth Injection, and more! Car has 4.30 Motive gear, and Spec 2 clutch with original T45 transmission. It was tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN, and made 365 hp/355 torque with the 9/10 lb pulley. Car is very very clean with polished aluminum Saleen replicas on Bf Goodrich 295/18/35, and 265/35/18 tires. I installed lowering springs and Tokico Blue shocks and struts. Also installed a fuel pressure and boost gauge. Interior is in good shape. Top is original and has a couple of small tears on each side. Car was professionally painted by second owner, so exterior looks VERY good!

This car had around 60,000 original miles when I had the engine redone. It now has approximately 64,000 miles. I've just discovered in this cold weather, the transmission wants to grind going from 4th to 5th gear, but only when first driving. Once the car gets to operating temperature it doesn't grind at all. I have not installed a firewall adjuster, so that may be part of the problem.

Between the Aluminator short block, and the Kenne Bell, I've spent THOUSANDS on top of what I paid for the car. $11,000 takes it.
More pics to come.
I have all receipts from all work performed and parts.

Build pics west_1997_cobra

08cw97v36.jpg

08cw97v40.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

album_pic.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC03646.jpg

DSC03649.jpg

DSC03652.jpg

Last edited:

sighwest

Established Member
Thank you. I think the price is very fair in this economy. I don't have to sell, and only would consider trading for a late model Vette or Terminator. Would really like to sell out right though. She's a garage queen, and I wouldn't mind freeing up the space. I'll post some interior pics when the weather gets better.

sighwest

Established Member
I still have all original engine parts. Buyer could sell the KB for over 2000 bucks and slap on a turbo or centri for serious power. This engine can handle over 600 rwhp.

sighwest

Established Member
Okay, a few interior pics...pardon the dust. She's been the garage for a few weeks and weather has been crap lately.

sighwest

Established Member
As stated in my post, I experienced a little grind going from 4th to 5th the other night (it was 30 degrees outside) only for the first few miles, then it stopped doing it. Other than that mishap, I have had no problems with the transmission.

sighwest

Established Member
Bump. What's up fellas? It's a nice car and a killer deal. I have over 13000 dollars in it on top of what I paid for the car.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
I've seen this car in person at DSR and at Holly Springs track day and pictures dont do it justice, dude is giving it away for 11k..Just to be nice, if someone gives him full price, I'll hit it with the porter cable and the black will be even more sickening, and I've never met him but I'm close to him

Users who are viewing this thread