97 Cobra

Casey23

Established Member
Hey everybody,
I didn't see an introduction section and if I just missed it sorry.

I got my 97 Rio Red Cobra about a month ago. It was all stock with 46k miles on it, one owner, and garage kept. I have already added Bilstein HD shocks and struts, H&R race springs, and MM caster/camber plates to it. I'm currently looking for wheel options but first exhaust.

Right now I can afford a Mac o/r H and Mac cat-back. What are your opinions on that set up?

Here's a pic of my car:
Cobra.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Welcome to SVTP & nice Cobra:beer: I can't comment on the MAC exhaust but will tell you not to get 40 series flowmasters.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
nice cobra man:beer: i have a mach o/rh but with magnaflow cat back which sounds awesome but a friend of mine has mac cat back and it sounds awesome as well id say do it you will love it

Casey23

Established Member
Thanks man. Yeah, no Flowmasters at all on this one. I had a 98 pi GT for about 4 years with single chambered flows on it. The drone was deafening on trips.

Casey23

Established Member
nice cobra man:beer: i have a mach o/rh but with magnaflow cat back which sounds awesome but a friend of mine has mac cat back and it sounds awesome as well id say do it you will love it

Sweet, thanks man. Does he have any video clips of that anywhere? I've searched like crazy for various sounds. I love the magnaflow with an off road pipe from the clips I've heard. They're a little pricey for me at the moment though.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Wow that is like dejavu for me. Mine is rio red, had 46k miles when I bought it five years ago, and was always garage kept. Magnaflow FTW by the way for exhaust!

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Great looking Cobra,and Welcome to SVTP.This a great place for Info' about our Cobra's,everything you'll need to know is here.And i'll agree that the drone from the Flow's is annoying,that's what I have on my 97,so the best thing i've found to do is crank up the Stereo!

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Sweet, thanks man. Does he have any video clips of that anywhere? I've searched like crazy for various sounds. I love the magnaflow with an off road pipe from the clips I've heard. They're a little pricey for me at the moment though.

let me check hes a member on here scotty98 he has mac cat back and it sounds awesome, he also has an o/r mid pipe

you will be happy with mac i garantee

Casey23

Established Member
Thanks for the welcome everybody.

Thanks Venom. I'm probably going to order the set up soon. Any preference between the 2.5" and the 3" tubing from them? I don't see how it would matter too much since their h-pipe is 2.5 anyway.

Cookieman, I just got done with the 98 GT and man starting all over is a daunting task for sure but I'll get it right soon.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Thanks for the welcome everybody.

Thanks Venom. I'm probably going to order the set up soon. Any preference between the 2.5" and the 3" tubing from them? I don't see how it would matter too much since their h-pipe is 2.5 anyway.

Cookieman, I just got done with the 98 GT and man starting all over is a daunting task for sure but I'll get it right soon.

go with 2.5:beer:

Casey23

Established Member
Thanks guys. Man, you guys have some of the nicest looking Cobra's I've seen for sure. It's going to help me out a lot when I make decisions.

Casey23

Established Member
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Hey Stave, are you HP and TQ numbers for a stock 97? That sounds about right. I am trying to figure a ball park with mine as it is now without having to dyno it.

crazycarlo

Established Member
hey welcome. Nice cobra. I used to live in VA beach. Actually stationed at Oceana. One of the Last of the Tomcat guys haha.

Casey23

Established Member
hey welcome. Nice cobra. I used to live in VA beach. Actually stationed at Oceana. One of the Last of the Tomcat guys haha.

Thanks man. It's not a bad area here. I'd rather be living back near my hometown in Richmond, VA though. That's awesome that you got to fly the Tomcat's. What do you fly now?

Users who are viewing this thread