97 cobra vs srt4

bolinger06

Established Member
Well to make a long story short, i went out and raced a newer neon srt4. He said he was running 25 lbs and had other stuff done, he was saying something about 94 millimeter intake or exhaust. He did say he had stock internals and such. I talked to him for quite a while about it, just can't remember all the stuff he was saying. Well we go out and i told him we can start from any speed and he could have the hit. He said he would do better at around 60, but he was cool and we started somewhere around 30. So he build his boost or w/e he had to do and he took the hit and pulled 1/2 a car then i pulled on him pretty hard, probably around 3-4 cars. I'm pretty sure he shut down a little early. He told me even before we raced that he was having spark blow out, but wanted to run anyways. You could easily hear it when he went to shift. I have a 97 cobra with upgraded rods and pistons. It has a V1 S-trim putting out around 15lbs. It has 475 to the wheels. He said his best time at the track is 12.8 at 119 so he has alot of improvement, just really bad traction issues. He also said he's beaten an R1 before. He's getting his car tuned tomorrow and i told him i'd run him again when he gets everything worked out. He said he's hoping for somewhere around 375rwhp when he gets it tuned. So will it be a close race next time, or will he beat me pretty bad?

Common

Established Member
If you are puttin down 475whp at what 3100, 3200lbs you will eat his children, at him puttin down 375 at 2800lbs.....JMO

bolinger06

Established Member
wow, thought they weighed less than that. He has a carbon-fiber hood and trunk lid and he said his rims weigh about 20lb less per rim.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
anybody feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure the SRT-4's are FWD?!?! or is that seriously what the guy told you?

Mystic03

Established Member
mysticalsnake said:
anybody feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure the SRT-4's are FWD?!?! or is that seriously what the guy told you?

they are FW probly just means fwhp

drumr78

Established Member
And if he beat an R1, it was because the R1 wasn't racing.

Untuned SRT-4 that hopes for 375fwhp after tune < R1

bolinger06

Established Member
haha yeah, i meant "FWHP". Not used to talking about those cars. I called him out on the bike race, in a nice way. He said his car shuts off at 172 soo. He said he took it all the way to vegas and had a bunch of work done to it when it was on lower boost, and from what i understand, he is running alot more boost now and changed some other stuff so thats why he needs a new tune

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol yeah that was too funny, the R1 wasnt even trying. I dont think he understands how much power he needs to beat an R1, im at almost 600whp and my R1 would destroy me.

Cobra925

MAXIMAL SVT POSTER
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Lol yeah that was too funny, the R1 wasnt even trying. I dont think he understands how much power he needs to beat an R1, im at almost 600whp and my R1 would destroy me.
+1 Real Talk......takes a lot to beat an R1

bolinger06

Established Member
well i am to nice and wasn't gonna call him a liar or nething. I let him have his moment. He wasn't an arrogant punk kid or anything so. Anyone know what a 119 trap speed equals to in the quarter?

slow94gt

Slow for now
Established Member
my friend has a neon making 374 and got walked hard by my friends 500 hp pullied ported cobra, like a bus length... you should easily beat him. Unless he cranks up the boost with some race mix.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good run man, it will be a better race when he gets tuned, but you should still win.. and for the record he didnt beat an r1, unless the r1 was following the break in proceedure while racing. ;)

bolinger06

Established Member
25lbs is his cranked up boost. I'm pretty sure he'll gain a fair amount out of his tune. After we were done i showed him my dyno sheet and he was pretty impressed at how much torque it made and how smooth it was.(I always have the dyno sheet with me b/c no one believes me that it makes that much with stock heads, cam, and intake.) It's tuned really safe/streetable at 11:1 A/F so i still have some room to grow if i really wanted to. I need to get some torco so i can run my torco tune and be right around 500 to the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread