97 cobra vs 95 snake eater

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Since i'm too lazy to care about the numbers. Most auto cars run a bit slower than their manual counterparts. given it's a stock auto t/a that's where i got my assumption. didn't the auto ls1 cars come with a different gearing? maybe i'm just making shit up now lol.

Either way, OP... you should probably become quite a bit smarter before you start doing dumb shit.

You are correct about the gearing being different. Automatic Fbodys had either 2.73 or 3.23 gears while 6speed cars had 3.42's. But even an auto Fbody would walk away from a stock Cobra. SN95's come with 3.27's stock(if there are any left with stock gears) which leave alot to be desired from the high revving DOHC. LS1's can range from 290-315+ rwhp stock depending on transmission and year of the car. The most I see from Cobras is in the 260 range at the wheels when stock. Not downing Cobras here, but they are just down on power and the weight difference isnt great enough to overcome it. All a SN95 needs though is a set of 4.10's or 4.30 gears and maybe a couple of other bolt ons and the game changes. As I said the stock gears suck balls, but then all the LS1 has to do is change gears and your back to square one. Automatic LS1 cars improve greatly from a set of 3.73's. I plan on installing them in my car when I get a new rear end.

white07gt

Established Member
im not going to say its safe, but it the safest place within 20 miles, and its up hill so you dont really get going too much, dont want to argue but its a long entrance ramp we hit about 80 and shut down 3/4 way through. I dont speed around, but i like to have fun.

I think thats why you were ahead. Camaros and T/As pull mustangs hard up top. I say against an ls1 t/a you are toast and against a C5.

F8tlByte

colorchngnSVT
Established Member
And did I hear the OP say Corsa was a knock off of Borla??? Not even close. Corsa is its own company and very far from "knock off" my buddy has em on his LT1 vette and were about 900 buck

JMD0346

Established Member
I had a 97 Cobra. I got called out by a friend with a LT1 A4 Firehawk. He jumped me by a car or so untill I hit 2nd. I then blew by him several times. We did this several times so it wasnt a fluk. If you knew how to drive them those 96-98 Cobras would really run.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
And did I hear the OP say Corsa was a knock off of Borla??? Not even close. Corsa is its own company and very far from "knock off" my buddy has em on his LT1 vette and were about 900 buck

+1

I wanted Corsa for my car but didnt get it cuz of the price. IMO Corsa>Borla.....

2kMustangGT500

Established Member
The SN95 Cobra was a high 13 second car from the factory so was the lt1. I have personally seen cam only cars hit 12.0. If his optispark is messed up then you could have beat him but other than him being in park or only having first gear you couldn't hold a candle in a race.

As for the LS1 you should just stick to Mustangs and 93-97 F-bodies. You are going to get into a world you don't belong in. Cammed cars are hitting 11s. If you want to be on that level you need to look into some serious parts.

Lastly you are a complete moron for racing on the street and then not seeing anything wrong with doing so. 5-10 years from now you will be looking back and thinking you were an asshat for losing your license or killing someone.

Go to the track where races actually count and you can prove what your car runs.

Users who are viewing this thread