97 cobra vs 95 snake eater

blksnakebite97

Established Member
first time posting- my buddy got a 95 z28 camaro yesterday, so out of curiosity we had to run em i have a 97 cobra with kandN CAI, performance UDP, and flowmaster50's kinda quiet. he has medium performance cam, tune, hooker headers, and loud ass borla knock off exhaust (corsa). sounds good. first run 4pm today he jumps half a car instantly, then i pull him and he sits inbetween my door and bumper then misses 4th, closest race ive ever been in, also first official race in new cobra used to have the 3.8. then 30 minutes ago me and a couple of car guys met up just get to talking and he calls on of them, so we went again so they could see how close it is, and 3 races later same outcome everytime, I would pull ahead 1-2 cars :pepper: then he would miss a gear :fm:. after we ran the last time, he lit them up behind me:rolling:, stops on exit ramp creates traffic, and goes to town, starts going sideways so lays on the brakes a little more and slows it down a bit he was blowing so much smoke out his rear end the cars behind him had to wait for it to clear. all in all 2 pretty nice cars for highschool kids, and they made for a fun night.

F8tlByte

colorchngnSVT
Established Member
Get your flame suit on buddy...... not many people will believe you took a cammed LT1 with a stock (other than pullies and filter) cobra

97cobra1

Established Member
first time posting- my buddy got a 95 z28 camaro yesterday, so out of curiosity we had to run em i have a 97 cobra with kandN CAI, performance UDP, and flowmaster50's kinda quiet. he has medium performance cam, tune, hooker headers, and loud ass borla knock off exhaust (corsa). sounds good. first run 4pm today he jumps half a car instantly, then i pull him and he sits inbetween my door and bumper then misses 4th, closest race ive ever been in, also first official race in new cobra used to have the 3.8. then 30 minutes ago me and a couple of car guys met up just get to talking and he calls on of them, so we went again so they could see how close it is, and 3 races later same outcome everytime, I would pull ahead 1-2 cars :pepper: then he would miss a gear :fm:. after we ran the last time, he lit them up behind me:rolling:, stops on exit ramp creates traffic, and goes to town, starts going sideways so lays on the brakes a little more and slows it down a bit he was blowing so much smoke out his rear end the cars behind him had to wait for it to clear. all in all 2 pretty nice cars for highschool kids, and they made for a fun night.

Hmmm, that sounds completely safe. :poke:

blksnakebite97

Established Member
touche' on the cam he is not positive he is going by what the person who sold it to him said, but it sounds like it does, also the tune is another thing that he trusts, he claims that he already beat his cousins 01 gt that has a exhause headers, and a 100 shot IDK though :shrug:

97cobra1

Established Member
touche' on the cam he is not positive he is going by what the person who sold it to him said, but it sounds like it does, also the tune is another thing that he trusts, he claims that he already beat his cousins 01 gt that has a exhause headers, and a 100 shot IDK though :shrug:

Maybe he should learn to drive. :shrug:

blksnakebite97

Established Member
Input wanted i dont care if its good or bad, but i want to know how i would do against a 2000 LS1 trans AM automatic, and a 2000 c5 vette 6 speed. thanks for any help

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i predict

you wreck the car being a completely irresponsible teenager

racing on an entrance ramp?? get real buddy.

blksnakebite97

Established Member
im not going to say its safe, but it the safest place within 20 miles, and its up hill so you dont really get going too much, dont want to argue but its a long entrance ramp we hit about 80 and shut down 3/4 way through. I dont speed around, but i like to have fun.

97cobra1

Established Member
Input wanted i dont care if its good or bad, but i want to know how i would do against a 2000 LS1 trans AM automatic, and a 2000 c5 vette 6 speed. thanks for any help

both cars stock? Should be a drivers race for the trans am. Don't see you doing too well against the c5 especially if it's a FRC.

i predict

you wreck the car being a completely irresponsible teenager

racing on an entrance ramp?? get real buddy.

This is my prediction. Ya'll need to play it safe out there. Have fun, but don't do it on busy main streets.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
stops on exit ramp creates traffic, and goes to town, starts going sideways so lays on the brakes a little more and slows it down a bit he was blowing so much smoke out his rear end the cars behind him had to wait for it to clear. .

insanely stupid, wouldn't you agree??? picture a family of 4 behind you, while you and your friend are going sideways on a freeway entrance ramp holding up traffic.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
both cars stock? Should be a drivers race for the trans am. Don't see you doing too well against the c5 especially if it's a FRC.

This is my prediction. Ya'll need to play it safe out there. Have fun, but don't do it on busy main streets.

Since when is a SN95 Cobra a drivers race for an LS1 TA? There is atleast half a second difference in the times they run, usually more than that.

I agree that it was a pretty stupid move what the OP described. Its not worth "having fun" at the cost of getting busted or hurting somebody else by stopping traffic merging onto an on ramp. The Camaro driver needs some practice if it really has a cam or the car needs some attention.

blksnakebite97

Established Member
insanely stupid, wouldn't you agree??? picture a family of 4 behind you, while you and your friend are going sideways on a freeway entrance ramp holding up traffic.

When i was a little kid I would not have minded watching a car doing a burnout, They waited about 20 seconds. And why would it matter if they did care its not like he was hurting them.

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
When i was a little kid I would not have minded watching a car doing a burnout, They waited about 20 seconds. And why would it matter if they did care its not like he was hurting them.

Boy oh boy do you have a lot of growing up to do.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member

are you serious?? i saw a mentally retarded patient today with 10 times the common sense you have. someday when you have a wife and kids you'll realize its not funny at all to know that people like you are on the road doing burnouts on a busy entrance ramp.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
Am I the only one who would prefer Corsa over Borla???? I wouldnt call them a knock off brand.

I think that LT1 isnt truly modded as it is presented or it isnt running right.

blksnakebite97

Established Member
are you serious?? i saw a mentally retarded patient today with 10 times the common sense you have. someday when you have a wife and kids you'll realize its not funny at all to know that people like you are on the road doing burnouts on a busy entrance ramp.

ok guys it was not me doing the burnout, so you can lay off alittle bit:burn:. I understand where your coming from but it was a situation where no one was in harms way except the kid in his own car, and im not going to yell at him and play daddy. but I would not have done what he did.

blksnakebite97

Established Member
just remembered he told me his distributor is messed up and is going to install a new on but it is not easy to do. That should make a big difference on his car though.

97cobra1

Established Member
Since when is a SN95 Cobra a drivers race for an LS1 TA? There is atleast half a second difference in the times they run, usually more than that.

I agree that it was a pretty stupid move what the OP described. Its not worth "having fun" at the cost of getting busted or hurting somebody else by stopping traffic merging onto an on ramp. The Camaro driver needs some practice if it really has a cam or the car needs some attention.

Since i'm too lazy to care about the numbers. Most auto cars run a bit slower than their manual counterparts. given it's a stock auto t/a that's where i got my assumption. didn't the auto ls1 cars come with a different gearing? maybe i'm just making shit up now lol.

Either way, OP... you should probably become quite a bit smarter before you start doing dumb shit.

Koval7887

Established Member
racing uphill in a mod motor...make sure you have PLENTY of, if not excess of, oil u dumb$hit...was your last car a Civic by any chance???...

Users who are viewing this thread