97 Cobra 78k mile, T-56, Forged, 2.1 Kenne Bell

goat-ee

Established Member
Still available. I have had a few questions about the hp the car makes. I keep saying it is at 9psi, it really makes about 8psi with current pulley and longtubes. While its a built engine, its actually only a 9-1 compression ratio, so at 8psi it will make less hp than a stock engine at the same boost. The thing is though, a simple pulley swap and you will make a bunch more hp, and be less susceptible to detonation with the lower compression. And besides a 12.6 @ 112mph as it sits is hardly slow. Don't let the seemingly low numbers deceive you, the instant hp and torque make for an amazing daily driver. Do centri supercharged cars make more hp? Sure, but if your looking for a great daily, i'm telling you this car is fun. Also, isn't it nice to know that the built engine hasn't been maxed out and beat on before you buy it?!?!

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
We hear it all of the time on here, a great car at a very fair price goes and everybody kicks themselves for not jumping on the deal!! I'm on vacation and ready to go car shopping for a new(er) 5.0, a Boss or a used GT500, I need to sell this one 1st!!

My wifes Acura MDX was in the shop for some minor body work, so we took the Cobra out of town for our anniversary. I had a few drinks at a comedy club so the wife drove us to the B&B at night in the rain in my car. She is no race car driver, but had no problem driving the car. It just sort of goes like a stocker...until!!!

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
Alright, i'm going to lower it again!! I've got my eye on a GT500, so come and get it during a weak moment!!

UPDATE: This is way lower than I should take, but come get it at...

$9000!!

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
I just took a quick video of the car. Please note that the stock 97 Cobra wheels are on the car, not the chrome 03/04 AFS that will be on it upon sale (unless you prefer the stock wheels). But they are not included at the sale price. I always take off the chromes at the start of winter, so they remain almost perfect.

vvv CLICK ON PIC BELOW FOR VIDEO vvv

th_SDV_0378_zpsb099423a.jpg

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
I also took a really quick video to show the boost & AFR gauges. This is 3rd gear. The boost spikes at 9psi and goes to 8psi very quickly after. It's hard to see it, but the AFR upon full throttle is between 11.8-12.1 (look for yourself, it's a little tough to tell). And of course you get some idea of the sound upon acceleration!!

vvv CLICK ON PIC BELOW FOR VIDEO vvv

th_SDV_0377_zps1e1a315f.jpg

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
I was sure it was sold this time, but alas, was unable to pull off the financing. So it's available again. Spring is here finally, come get your new car!!

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
I was sure it was sold this time, but alas, was unable to pull off the financing. So it's available again. Spring is here finally, come get your new car!!

Anyone that needs to finance this kind of car & amount really has no business buying. Hope you get it sold. I'm still interested if we can work out the numbers.

goat-ee

Established Member
Car sold this afternoon, I hope the new owner enjoys the car. I really believe it's a great car.

I have already replaced it with an 11' 5.0. I didn't believe the hype for a long time, but after so many people having the same results. I gave one a try and am now a disciple of the Coyote 5.0!!! But i'll still miss my SN95.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread