97 Cobra 78k mile, T-56, Forged, 2.1 Kenne Bell

goat-ee

Established Member
I am looking at some other cars, so I am putting my incredibly clean and great running 1997 Pacific Green Cobra up for sale. I am in Liberty, Missouri, which is a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri.

Kenne bell 2.1 twin screw supercharger 9# pulley
03 mach 1 aluminum block .030 over
CP forged aluminum (7cc) dished pistons 9.1 compression
Manley forged h beam rods 5.933 w/arp bolts
03 mach 1 forged crank
Clevite race main & rod bearings Set H
ARP head studs
ARP main studs
97 cobra 4 valve heads were completely gone through
03 cobra valves & springs
97 cobra cams
New valves seals and valves were lapped
IMRC delete plates
Cometic MLS head gaskets
Walbro In-Tank 255

Ford Racing 42lb injectors
C&L cold air intake
Ford racing 90mm mass air K&N air filter
Pacesetter long tube headers and offroad X pipe (no cats). Magnaflow stainless catback and tips
Kenne Bell supercharger pulley tool
Kenne Bell supercharger oil
SCT tuner (tuned on dyno) tuned on 9 lbs
Auto meter boost gauge and wideband air/fuel gauge (dual clock dash mount)

Trans/Suspension
03 cobra T-56 6 speed (30,000 miles)
03 cobra aluminum flywheel
Pro-Motion 26 spline clutch. 03/04 Cobra pressure plate
Clutch disc-Kevlar composite on one side and metallic/organic on the other
600hp rated. Nearly stock feel and take-up, best clutch I have ever owned!!
Liberty 26 spline input shaft
Dallas Speed-Cal for speedo correction (GPS'd dead-on)
Steeda lowering springs
Steeda struts and shocks
Ford Racing 3.73 gears
AFS 9" (front), 10.5" (rear) 17" chrome 03 cobra rims come with car. I remove these every winter and install the stock wheels, so the chrome on these wheels is excellent

As in my sig (second to last line of sig), the car was ran down the dragstrip 2 times before our track closed forever. The 1st run I screwed up bad enough I didn't even get a full run, and the 2nd I ran a 12.6 @ 112mph. I imagine there is more in it for someone really working at it!!

The car has been done correctly and the money spent where it was needed. More importantly, the mods have been done correctly and all loose ends have been tied up. I have used the car pretty much as a daily driver since I got the car and other than Spec Stage 3 clutch that was originally in the car, it has not given me any trouble at all. When looking at everything that has been done you will see that it's been finished in a very professional manner. The build has about 12k miles and all is well and the car drives the same as stock. I am an old man (47) and anyone who knows me, knows that I don't tear my stuff up. Have I hammered on the car? Of course, but I don't make a habit of it, and I ensure that all maintenance is completed on time and properly. The car is always kept in my climate controlled garage.

I took care of a couple of CEL's a few weeks ago, but they came back. I am getting codes P1000 and P1443. Both codes that have no effect on the everyday running of the car, but have come back again. I can delete them with the SCT2 that comes with the car, but they will come back apparently?

I was told by a guy that was looking at the car the following..."The 1443 code shows to be a loose gas cap and the 1000 is an incomplete diagnostic scan." I can't verify this, but it's been an on and off on these codes since I have owned the car and has never made any difference in the way the car runs.

Another thing the wife mentioned after she drove it that I didn't mention in the original post, is that the idle will hang around 1200-1500 until you come to a complete stop and it then comes down to normal within a a second or two. I have gotten to where I don't even notice it, but I should mention it.

I have a clean and clear title in my name only (no leinholder). All of the panels on the car are as delivered from Ford and i'm pretty certain that the paint is original and in really nice shape. I won't say that the paint is perfect, as the car is a 1997, but it's safe to say that it's really nice with very minimal imperfections. I would give the paint AND interior a 8.5-9 out of 10.

UPDATE 03/19/2013: Lowered price to $9,000!!

$10,500. Would consider trading up to an 11' and up 5.0 Mustang or F-150. I would also consider trading toward a 07-up GT500. A coyote swapped anything might be cool if it's REALLY nice. And a bit of stretch, but even a TDI VW!!! Or trade down for the right motorcycle!! Here I'm more open to different possibilities, but I own a Victory Hammer and I like V-Rods, British bikes, sport touring (like FJR1300, Concours, etc.).

Some people get upset with a low offer. I will reply to all but the most silly offers!! lol

IMG00133-20110515-1416.jpg

IMG00130-20110514-1123.jpg

IMG00137-20110515-1418.jpg

IMG00139-20110515-1418.jpg

IMG00141-20110515-1419.jpg

97kenneinterior_zps94b7f8b7.jpg

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
Any interest in a turboed 93 cobra as a trade? What power did it make?

I love the idea of a turbo Teal 93 Cobra!! The painted engine compartment scares me a great deal though. Are all of the OEM fender/body tags still on the panels? Wrecked? Since you didn't list the miles, I assume it's probably a bunch?

Dyno sheet? What did it put down?
What was your 60' on that run?

I will try to get the dyno sheet posted. It was 364.7rwhp & 349.6rwt. I don't imagine I still have the time slip, so don't know the 60'?

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
So is it sold?

Nope, buyer fell through. Here are some pics I took just now took. I haven't driven the car hardly at all in the last couple of weeks due to all of the snow. Here are a couple of pics with a VERY quick detail I gave to the car while setting in the garage. Could the car look even better? Yes, but this is pretty close to how the car looks on a regular basis. The video I took a few weeks ago before the start of the snow. It may be the worst video you will ever see, but it at least shows how quickly the 1st two gears can go, and a pathetic attempt on my part of what the car does when driven fairly hard through 3rd gear. NOTE: I wasn't even going to to post the video, but it's all I have!! lol

th_VIDEO0005_zps1d22fb59.jpg

IMAG0147_zps12020c95.jpg

IMAG0139_zps83c03ae1.jpg

IMAG0137_zpse2ae5bb2.jpg

I have installed the nitrous purge Cobra emblem in the grille, that I had previously installed on my other car. It is ready for your nitrous purge line (not included). Very cool and an original 70' Cobra Jet emblem I got from my (almost) father in-law who worked at Ford during the 60's, 70's & 80's and somehow managed to get ahold of a couple of these fender Cobra's and gave them to me. I modified it and it purges through the mouth of the Cobra and you will get this one of kind work of art with the purchase of this car. I'm pretty sure there isn't another one like it in the world!!!

IMAG0156_zpsd4baf4ff.jpg

Installed in my other car purging.

NitrousPurgeCobra.jpg

th_CobraPurge2.jpg

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
I think I gave the impression in the original post that the wideband was an Autometer unit. It's AEM (better) and works great.

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Great looking car OP! One of my favorite colors on the sn-95's. Can't believe this is still available, it's in such great shape!

goat-ee

Established Member
Great looking car OP! One of my favorite colors on the sn-95's. Can't believe this is still available, it's in such great shape!

The real reason it's not sold is on me (and the weather)!! We had two really big snows here in the Kansas City since shorty after I made the OP. Trying to get some details worked out with a potential buyer as far as pickup, but hopefully the weather will cooperate for awhile now!!

Users who are viewing this thread