960hp Hellcat vs 810hp '20 GT500

CobraKid04

Established Member
I believe a well done / driven Trinity car can offer competition to a a modded DCT 500.

Trinity cars are very underestimated. Cars are SAVAGE with the right owner/mods.

Agreed. But all I see are dudes making 800rwtq and on 20 in summer tires.

Rarely do I see a 15in drag setup with a et R.

There is a video of a 13 FBO dark red with white stripe a few years ago on YouTube, that was a highway monster.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed. But all I see are dudes making 800rwtq and on 20 in summer tires.

Rarely do I see a 15in drag setup with a et R.

There is a video of a 13 FBO dark red with white stripe a few years ago on YouTube, that was a highway monster.

agreed. Rarely do I see a Trinity car with a owner that does the car justice. Most of the owner base is too busy deciding which kind of Wax is better. Or which car cover offers the best protection.

I’d say, even I failed the Trinity car. When I owned it, I only raced it a handful of times (in stock trim). Bolt on GTR, Cammed vette, KB Terminator and stock c7z06. Won every race. Barely drove it and just sat in the garage. What a damn shame.

jimmy2times

Where did the author of this thread go? He has several threads about his new car running even with, or losing to other cars yet he never responds to the other posters.

Seems strange.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Put that Charger into a corner and discuss how it fares against the GT500. The GT500 runs neck and neck with a GT3RS. I could GAF about about roll races.

PuT tHaT cHaRgEr InTo A cOrNeR..

I dont think there's a single soul ever that thinks a Charger was ever made to turn corners. It's a big ole family car with a big ole motor, and that's why it's fun and cool.

Again, the fact that a Hellcat is even compared to a GT500 says more about the Hellcat than it does the GT500.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Cuckbois comparing a Hellcat handling to a Prius. Lol. More like to an R8 v10.

A1A184B8-228B-4ABC-B2D0-8AF7E4F53BF2.jpeg

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
agreed. Rarely do I see a Trinity car with a owner that does the car justice. Most of the owner base is too busy deciding which kind of Wax is better. Or which car cover offers the best protection.

I’d say, even I failed the Trinity car. When I owned it, I only raced it a handful of times (in stock trim). Bolt on GTR, Cammed vette, KB Terminator and stock c7z06. Won every race. Barely drove it and just sat in the garage. What a damn shame.

Didn’t member heinze...something or another have one done out decent?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member

72SBC

Established Member
What they don’t say is the huge brakes on the hellcat don’t hold up after 1 lap and have a ton of brake fade. A fat girl can dance for 1 song, but after that they get sweaty and out of breath.

My94GT

Established Member
What they don’t say is the huge brakes on the hellcat don’t hold up after 1 lap and have a ton of brake fade. A fat girl can dance for 1 song, but after that they get sweaty and out of breath.

from what I’ve seen, many of the guys running them state a simple pad and fluid swap resolves this.

again this doesn’t mean that it’s the fastest around a circuit but the people who have taken them out side seem to have fun. That’s what track days are about anyway.

Last edited:

john11gt

Established Member

don’t move the goal post. People were saying the hellcat can’t turn and when lap times get posted showing it to be faster than the last 3 Ford halo cars now the argument is that it can’t do it lap after lap?

which is it? The hellcat can’t turn or it can’t turn for long extended races?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wow. Faster than the ford gt, boss 302 and last gt500. Sounds pretty quick around a road course to me.
The track was repaved twice, widened and they added camber in certain turns the last 4-5 years.

To give you an idea, 7 cars in GTLM broke the previous lap record in practice after it was paved.

There is nothing to compare on those times.

Something else to chew on, the Focus RS was .4 seconds off of the Charger Hellcat when they tested it in 2016 (bUt ItS a PoWeR TrAcK). It would probably meet the Ford GT's time on the most recent repave/widening.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Lightning lap is the shittiest way to show lap times because of the drivers they use, so it comes down to driver.
Also, did you guys see at the bottom of the list, a 2016 hellcat running slower than a boss 302 laguna seca (2012)? Crazy power difference in a boss 302 and hellcat. LOL

72SBC

Established Member
don’t move the goal post. People were saying the hellcat can’t turn and when lap times get posted showing it to be faster than the last 3 Ford halo cars now the argument is that it can’t do it lap after lap?

which is it? The hellcat can’t turn or it can’t turn for long extended races?

I think you are quoting the wrong guy. I never said it couldn’t turn. I’ve been saying heavy cars are not what you want for track days.

Users who are viewing this thread