960hp Hellcat vs 810hp '20 GT500

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
But that’s not what this video is about. I love the road course so I get what you’re saying BUT it’s a moot point on the street. On the street either car could provide gobs of fun even in the corners.
The Charger is about straight line performance and cruising in comfort and I respect Dodge for making them. The GT500 continues to up the bar for all around performance.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey OP, why is the title of the video “960 RWHP” for the Hellcat and then “800hp” for the Shelby? Are you purposely trying to mislead?

Seems like a shitty tactic, tbh.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Pointless to list dyno numbers of the hellcat but not mention the mods. But lists the mods/hp of the GT500.

Wouldn’t be surprised one bit if they dyno very close to each other on the same dyno/day. Also wouldn’t be surprised if they have very similar mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AssPikle

Established Member
Hey OP, why is the title of the video “960 RWHP” for the Hellcat and then “800hp” for the Shelby? Are you purposely trying to mislead?

Seems like a shitty tactic, tbh.
It's all a bait so the OP can brag basically about how fast his car is compared to a hellcat. What a waste of time. He started another one with a zo6. What a tool. If you want attention, just post up your video and talk about it.

My94GT

Established Member
4600lb car on 17inch drag radials will provide as much fun as Prius in the corners
Maybe not on that tire but the charger and other hellcat variants seem to provide plenty of cornering fun for people.

I’m not saying the GT500 isn’t a superior car I just laugh when I see people that likely never touch a road course eliminate vehicles from being applicable. Unless you are club racing for some sort of pay out, nearly any modern car in this segment can be fun on a back road and road course because is the hands of the average person it won’t matter anyway as driver ability is the biggest factor.

in the hands of a pro that’s a different story, and like I said previously the OP is doing highway runs with his GT500 so it’s a moot point what either car is or isn’t capable outside of that.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It's all a bait so the OP can brag basically about how fast his car is compared to a hellcat. What a waste of time. He started another one with a zo6. What a tool. If you want attention, just post up your video and talk about it.

that’s exactly what it is.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I ask this because I know nothing about Hellcat/Demon modding. What HP is a factory Hellcat blower capable of supporting?

Secondly, If the Charger is listed at 960 RWHP and the 500 listed at 810 HP (flywheel I assume), the actual HP difference at the wheels between the two is more on the order of ~250 HP correct? If accurate, that's insane how hard the 500 runs.

FWIW, there is a Blue Charger video out there that confirms the numbers.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Make no mistake, gentlemen. Both cars on the video are making in the 800 wheel hp range

Both cars have basically the same mods.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I ask this because I know nothing about Hellcat/Demon modding. What HP is a factory Hellcat blower capable of supporting?

Secondly, If the Charger is listed at 960 RWHP and the 500 listed at 810 HP (flywheel I assume), the actual HP difference at the wheels between the two is more on the order of ~250 HP correct? If accurate, that's insane how hard the 500 runs.

Ported factory blowers are in the 9s. So ~900 whp? The IHI units are very good once they got the bearing issue sorted out.

CobraKid04

Established Member
Still waiting to see a FBO e85 13-14 gt500 up against the 20.

And not a 13-14 on street tires.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ the 13/14 will still be at a disadvantage because of the manual. I stick to manual cars, but this day and age, with cars over 900hp, auto is the way to go and that includes dct.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
But would it with a bolt on DCT 500? I’d think not. The new GT500 is a performer that’s for damn sure.

I believe a well done / driven Trinity car can offer competition to a a modded DCT 500.

Trinity cars are very underestimated. Cars are SAVAGE with the right owner/mods.

Users who are viewing this thread