96 RWHP from NOW spray on dyno?

homer302

Banned
Cant spell..........that should be NOS spray :bash:
I have no way to back this up hence, it is in smackdown. I wasn't even there for that matter. That being said, I have a friend who claims he strapped down a 94 5.7 Firebird to a dyno. He was not happy with the results so he claims they just opened a Nitrous bottle and sprayed it at the K&N filter with no tuning, no fuel adjustments, no changes what so ever and the car gained 96 hp at the tires. Is that possible or even believable? I called BS. :bored:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Doesn't matter because your friend is an idiot for inflating his dyno numbers. I think he is gonna have a hard time getting someone to open up a nitrous bottle into the intake while he's racing.

Svt4ever22

Established Member
Is this your friend?

[ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=32235196"]don't try this at home 1 Video by austin a.k.a. Audi p - MySpace Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=32235196@@AMEPARAM@@mediaservices@@AMEPARAM@@myspace@@AMEPARAM@@services/media/embed@@AMEPARAM@@aspx/m@@AMEPARAM@@32235196[/ame]

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
lol at the story!!!

but someone correct me if i am wrong but can't you hit a LT1 or and LS1 with a 100 dry shot and no tune without any real issues?

i have seen some 4v cars from 96 - 04 spray a 100 shot untunned time after time and never have any real issues

Last edited:

Svt4ever22

Established Member
lol at the story!!!

but someone correct me if i am wrong but can't you hit a LT1 or and LS1 with a 100 dry shot and no tune without any real issues?

i have seen some 4v cars from 96 - 04 spray a 100 shot untunned time after time and never have any real issues

I know you can run a 100shot on a ls1 with no tune. Quite a few people do it.

homer302

Banned

LMAO...no, there was plenty of beer involved though. The place is a fun hangout. This was a guy who just pointed it at an open element K&N filter while the car was screaming on a dyno. I woulda thought it would have grenaded before putting down an extra 100 hp but hey? From what you guys say, it my have happened. :shrug:

One thing's for sure, it wasn't running rich!

Last edited:

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Definitely possible. Not smart but it's been done plenty of times.

We got a dynojet 224x back in February and after installing it we dyno'd everything at the shop. From a Banshee that made 49hp and 17ftlbs of torque, to the tech's 4.0L Jeep Cherokee.

The Cherokee made a whopping 117HP and some terrible torque numbers. Next pull we brought one of the Nitrous Express fill station bottles over to the intake tube and sprayed it directly into the motor. The truck made over 200HP on that pull! I'll see if I can't dig up the dyno graph, it was absolutely hysterical.

I wish we would have video taped it.

Users who are viewing this thread