96' Procharged Cobra "Casper" Build

01silverstang

Established Member
Amazon LED’s arrived tonight, got the license plate bulbs swapped out. Ordered enough that I’m going to do the gauge cluster and HVAC controls this week also.

* I ordered the correct SVT badge from Ford Racing, thanks for the link!

C85543-D3-B4-CA-45-C2-B7-A0-D59575-CFC919.jpg

Removed the IAC and found one bolt that didn’t want to tighten, so I’ll have to get a new bolt and try to clean up the threads on the intake. The IAC didn’t look bad inside, but who knows... I probably need to spray some carb cleaner down the hose that connects the IAC to the intake tube pre throttle body to make sure that clear. If I had to guess I’d say having one side not tightened down is probably creating some issues.

DD90-D161-9957-4-FF9-BD23-F6237-AB63396.jpg

I also popped the PCV off and found this... depending on which way you held it you could watch the interior slide forward and back.

CCF824-F8-DCC8-443-F-8-E70-291-F8-F9-D3846.jpg

0-C30-A4-BD-3269-4-E9-F-88-E4-B154-E8-FE1-A52.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh nice, I'm glad you ordered that emblem. Can you take some close up pics when it comes in? I want to know if it's soft and flexible, or is it's a hard plastic emblem.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Amazon LED’s arrived tonight, got the license plate bulbs swapped out. Ordered enough that I’m going to do the gauge cluster and HVAC controls this week also.

* I ordered the correct SVT badge from Ford Racing, thanks for the link!

View attachment 1695487

Removed the IAC and found one bolt that didn’t want to tighten, so I’ll have to get a new bolt and try to clean up the threads on the intake. The IAC didn’t look bad inside, but who knows... I probably need to spray some carb cleaner down the hose that connects the IAC to the intake tube pre throttle body to make sure that clear. If I had to guess I’d say having one side not tightened down is probably creating some issues.

View attachment 1695488

I also popped the PCV off and found this... depending on which way you held it you could watch the interior slide forward and back.

View attachment 1695489

View attachment 1695490

Blow through it each direction, probably is a one way check valve

01silverstang

Established Member
Oh nice, I'm glad you ordered that emblem. Can you take some close up pics when it comes in? I want to know if it's soft and flexible, or is it's a hard plastic emblem.
I’d be happy too. I had to order the same emblem for my 97’ a few years back and that one was hard plastic, with this being from Ford Racing I’m sure it’s hard plastic since it’s OEM.

ViciousBlack97

Established Member

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I’d be happy too. I had to order the same emblem for my 97’ a few years back and that one was hard plastic, with this being from Ford Racing I’m sure it’s hard plastic since it’s OEM.

Right, but the OEM emblem for our cars is a soft plastic emblem. The hard plastic is for the newer Cobras/SVT vehicles.

jman37

Established Member
What color are those? I bought green and white....haven't changed them yet and wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go which is why I bought 2 colors to try.

01silverstang

Established Member
What color are those? I bought green and white....haven't changed them yet and wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go which is why I bought 2 colors to try.

White from Amazon, I’ll send the link in PM to avoid issues with non sponsor products. The pack has enough to do gauges, HVAC, and license plate bulbs.

jman37

Established Member
That's cool, thanks. I bought green to try to keep the factory look, but bought white in case I didn't like it.

01silverstang

Established Member
So currently trying to figure out the following:

1. IAC - Trying to find the bolt size as the bolt closest to the firewall doesn't full tighten down, I think some of the threads on the bolt are stripped. I was given the following part number which doesn't bring back any search results, N605774S100. I also am trying to find out what's in the box and line between the intake tube and the valve, or how to clean the inside out...

2. What vacuum line to purchase, I have gotten such a wide range of choices I'm overthinking this... would like to purchase say 5 to 10 feet of a quality line so I can clean up my current setup. Not even sure what size line the Cobra uses...

jman37

Established Member
Can't answer #1 but what I would do is clip a small piece of what you have now and go to a parts store and match it up like that and buy what you need accordingly.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
White from Amazon, I’ll send the link in PM to avoid issues with non sponsor products. The pack has enough to do gauges, HVAC, and license plate bulbs.

theres no issue with linking to amazon, Im not sure how to do it but Im pretty sure there is an amazon link that purchases get some money sent back to SVTP

As for the IAC bolt - isnt it held on with 2 bolts? take the other bolt to the parts store and use the thread checker, they should be the same. You can also get a tap for that same thread size and CAREFULLY try to clean up the hole if it isn't stripped.

Vacuum line - I've just been using the hard plastic stuff hanging up at the auto parts store. I wanna say they so something stupid like marking it by the exterior diameter and the connectors marked for the ID of the tube but not hard to figure out.

01silverstang

Established Member
theres no issue with linking to amazon, Im not sure how to do it but Im pretty sure there is an amazon link that purchases get some money sent back to SVTP

As for the IAC bolt - isnt it held on with 2 bolts? take the other bolt to the parts store and use the thread checker, they should be the same. You can also get a tap for that same thread size and CAREFULLY try to clean up the hole if it isn't stripped.

Vacuum line - I've just been using the hard plastic stuff hanging up at the auto parts store. I wanna say they so something stupid like marking it by the exterior diameter and the connectors marked for the ID of the tube but not hard to figure out.

Amazon.com: SIRIUSLED 194 LED Bulbs Extremely Super Bright 3030 Chipset for Car truck Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy Marker License Plate Lights Compact Wedge T10 168 2825 Xenon White Pack of 10: Automotive

Here is the link for the LED's then, I think an SVT referral is automatically created. You can see how they look on my car and the price is half of what the major retailers are charging for the 194 bulb kits. This has enough to knock out pretty much everything you would want to.

Yeah I need to go to the junkyard anyway for the correct running pony grill emblem, and I can grab an IAC bolt while I'm there.

Just checked my own picture and the gates line has 1/4" printed on it.

Users who are viewing this thread