96 Probe DD..any interest?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Go to 2kracing , i believe is the place. Your dad has the folder for all the parts I bought. That should help, too.

Father in law :beer:. I never looked through his paperwork, so I didn't know about about the probe specific places. I just fixed it when he brought it over with the part he needed replaced. I did the brakes, brake booster, master cylinder, plugs, wires, and a few other things on the car over the years. He had a shop custom fit a new EGR tube on it, and I fixed all the vacuum routing (along with two switched vacuum solenoids for the VRIS system) to get it all working again. Billy had it setup so it was in "short runner" intake mode all the time, which is probably great for track use, but it was causing the car to bitch, so I had to re-run all of the vacuum lines shortly after he got it home. It was working on this that I found one of the vacuum chambers under the intake manifold was broken, so we replaced that too. There was some part I remember having to replace on the back of the engine that was damn near impossible to reach, but I forget what it was now. I'd have to look over his receipts.

It really does run great, but the one thing I really don't like about the car is the hood. It does NOT open far enough. If he brought it down for me to work on, the very first thing we did, EVERY SINGLE TIME, was unbolt and remove the hood.

Anyway, whomever gets the car should get something that works well for a while. Other than some of the vacuum stuff I did up front, basically anything he's had to fix on the car has been basic maintenance type stuff.

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Actually, I should say I assume it was Billy that changed the vacuum configuration, but it might have been the previous owner. Whomever did it set it up so that the VRIS system was no longer functional. It basically had the car set so that it would be very happy in higher rpm at the expense of some torque down low. I just presumed Billy did it since he was getting the car ready for track use, and it seemed like making sure the car's intake configuration was stable in the ranges most often used would have been prudent.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
I have a closet fetish to own one of these. Buddy of mine had one in high school (12 years ago). And always wanted one. I thought of getting one if I change jobs ( loose my company vehicle) . Fun daily car with a European sound. And white is even better. Have you had any solid hits yet?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I have a closet fetish to own one of these. Buddy of mine had one in high school (12 years ago). And always wanted one. I thought of getting one if I change jobs ( loose my company vehicle) . Fun daily car with a European sound. And white is even better. Have you had any solid hits yet?

Not yet. At least, not that I know of..I don't know if he has it advertised on autotrader yet or not. The car is fun to drive, thats for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread