96 Overheat Question

collibr1

Established Member
I bought a 96 Cobra and had it shipped down to Florida. I noticed the car runs quite warm. I would say hot. I did a search and found this to be a common problem. The TSB was never preformed on this car. My question is would a aftermarket radiator (such as a Fluidyne) fix this problem? Or would I also have to do the A/C condenser too? I replaced the water pump and thermostat. The fan is properly working to. Thanks.

01trublue cobra

Established Member
Get a aftermarket radiator and change the condensor to a 97 and up one. The main problem was the condensor of the 96 was to thick. Also 97+ has a different fan. I would start looking in junkyards for your parts.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Changing the radiator without first changing the condensor will do little to help cool the motor. So, change the condensor with one for a 97 and up. If that doesn't fix it, change the radiator.

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
Changing the radiator without first changing the condensor will do little to help cool the motor. So, change the condensor with one for a 97 and up. If that doesn't fix it, change the radiator.

That would be the thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread