96 Cobra Turn signal and brake lights

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
my guess is it has to do with your sequential harness/wires. depending on your brand, if you can take it back to the stock setup see if it works that way. that will positively tell you.

Last edited:

mikesyellocobra

Established Member
Definitely check the fuse underneath the dash. I have this problem too and I can't remember which number it is, but it's one of the smaller blue ones near the front of the car.

tjensen717

Established Member
I changed the relay, had a yellow one but got a blue one from American muscle (don't think it matters) under the dash checked all the relevant fuses, then changed the turn signal/ hazard switch from Amazon. I'll pull the tail lights off and double check the sequential harness, but after that it's going to ford unless I come up with any other ideas. Thanks guys

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I don't know if you have the aptitude or interest for it, but a good volt-ohm meter is pretty cheap at radioshack and it is very easy to pull the steering column apart and verify power and grounds. You can find all the of wiring schematics for the flasher/signal/tail-light functions online and trace them. It could take you an afternoon but a methodical go of it will lead you right to the issue...

Out of curiosity, does your horn work?

tjensen717

Established Member
It is the fuse under the dash! Changed it, turned on the right signal, then it popped again after the left signal. Does that mean the sequential harness on the left side is bad?

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
there is a short someplace. check your wiring closely, something may be pinched where it goes up against the body of the car when the tail light assembly goes in, or thru the hole into the trunk.

Users who are viewing this thread