96 Cobra + Nitrous??

306fordgt

Established Member
I have searched this topic and I just want to clarify a few things so I don't have any mishaps with the juice. I am going to use and NX wet stage one efi kit with the gen x-2 upgrade. I will be hitting it with a 75 or 100 hit. The questions are as follow: To be safe

Should I put one or two step colder plugs in the car, and at what gap? Is one type of plug better then all the rest?

Do I need to or should I upgrade my fuel pump?

Do I need to retune my ecu for timing? If so, should I just get an xcal2?

Window switch, yes or no?

Lastly the shark nozzle- what is the best placement? I have a BBK CAI

Thanks for your time,

Paul

NVENOM8U

Established Member
I have a 96 with N2o. Go with a MSD window switch,NGK V power TR6 plug which is a lil colder and gap it to .35. I have ran a 90 shot on my stock FP and it was fine, I have an SCT custom tuned for my gas and boltons by Brenspeed.com as u will need to specify all on ur mods as well as the shot size u willbe running. U will get 3 tunes for 479.00 ( 2 N2O and one N/A ) Check out my car domain @ www.cardomain.com/ride/2468567/1

Last edited:

306fordgt

Established Member
nice car man, I really appreciate the reply. Now when you hit it with the 90, were you using a tuner or was the ecu in a stock configuration.

Paul

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The only safe nitrous tune is a dyno tune.

This is because you have no way of monitoring your a/f ratio or your timing, the two most crtical parameters when using nitrous.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
NX wet kits are pretty safe without a tune unless it's a big shot. As long as your FP is up to par, the NX jetting will be fine and is actually jetted on the rich side. I spray 75-100 all day long untuned with no issues.

306fordgt

Established Member
RippinSVT - So you don't have any computer tune at all?? What times do you get NA and on the juice?

NVENOM8U

Established Member
Yes when i sprayed the 90 it was with my tune in. Brenspeed takes another cobra and moddes it with ur mods and tunes it for max performance on their inhouse dynos so in theory ur car is dyno tuned it is jus saving u time. I have tunes for a 90, 150 and 175 shot.

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
i have a 98 with the same kit and same intake and I put it about 8 inches infront of the T/B and aim it into the T/B. I just have a mail tune from SCT and it works great for me. I ran a 13.2 motor and a 12.4 on spray.

NXCaaabra

wobblehead
Established Member
NVENOM8U said:
Yes when i sprayed the 90 it was with my tune in. Brenspeed takes another cobra and moddes it with ur mods and tunes it for max performance on their inhouse dynos so in theory ur car is dyno tuned it is jus saving u time. I have tunes for a 90, 150 and 175 shot.

are you on stock bottom end??? or what do u have as far as mods? thanks man....

NVENOM8U

Established Member
Im on a stock bottom end, check out m cardomain @ www.cardomain.com/ride/2468567/1 for my mods( 2 much 2 list ),
150-175 is safe with the proper tuning and setup(timing and air fuel and fuel system up grade ) which I achieved with Brenspeeds custom tune, trust me these people r pros and their tunes r bad ass not to mention life savers for high horsepower applications.

306fordgt

Established Member
does anyone on here know the stock total timing of these engines? I went out tonight with a scanner and it said 28 degrees at WOT...is that right? I am just wondering for when I put the juice on.

Thanks,

Paul

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
NVENOM8U said:
cobraboy169: What r ur bolt ons and what shot r u runnin
Bolt ons included SCT X-Cal2, 4.10s, BBK CAI, Crower Stage 2 cams, Pro 5.0 Shifter, M/T 275/40/17 Drag Radials, NX 100 Shot, BBK H-pipe with 2 chamber flows and stock suspension. I now have added a short runner intake, drag suspension, and long tubes but I have not ran it at the track yet.

Users who are viewing this thread