96 cobra dyno????

CobraBallz97

Established Member
Dino S. said:
mustang dyno or dyno jet?

dynojet = very weak numbers, but most dynojets out there are wildly inaccurate... chances are if your tuner is using a dynojet he/she doesn't know much about it.

mustang dyno = strong numbers, and you can't drive.
i thought it was the other way around.

Dino S.

Established Member
lookinfor cobra said:
oh yea Ive got a check engine light also now/ p0172 and p0175??????? running rich left and right bank wth....

yeah that pretty much explains it. You need a new tuner. Get your money back.

Dino S.

Established Member
CobraBallz97 said:
i thought it was the other way around.
mustang dyno's show lower numbers, so if he's putting down 28X on a mustang dyno, thats over 300 on a dynojet, and they would be good numbers. People say take off 15% flywheel - wheels for a dynojet, 20% for a mustang dyno. Of course don't take that to mean less power is making it to the wheels.

1QIK-SNK

Established Member
i think it sounds low also. :shrug: i had my 96 dynoed at kenny brown and with mufflers(flow junks) welded in and a bassani x-pipe w/ high flow cats and pulleys it was 279.9 rwhp and 280.1 rwtq.
they told me that was very good #'s for no more then i had done to it.
so are they good #'s?

Cobrar96

SVT 4 LIFE
Established Member
i dyned my 96 with just bassani catback and hi flow x pipe. at 250hp on mustang dyno...my car was runnin real rich for n/a...got a kirban adjustable fuel regulaor and adjusted my fuel delivery.....also did a full tune with this too. hoping this will fix my poor numbers...ill post when my gears get put in and a tune.

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
OK here is what everybody that dont live in ca. does not understand we have sh***y gas they call it 91 octane ..... not 93.... on 100 octane my car made 303 rwhp so I think that is good for what its got ... thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread