96-98 cobra engines compared to 03-04 Mach 1 engines

blackfang

Established Member
:lol1:

Why are we listing oil as mods? Come on people!!

I made 273/263 with just a K&N, o/r H pipe, magnaflow dumps w/ 4.30's

blkvenm97

Established Member

Why are we listing oil as mods? Come on people!!

I made 273/263 with just a K&N, o/r H pipe, magnaflow dumps w/ 4.30's

I actually watched an episode of hp tv on tnn and they dynoed a slightly modded ls1 ss camaro at 302 rwhp....they changed all the fluids to royal purple (engine, tranny fluid, rear end greese) and put it right back on the dyno with no other mods and put down 312 rwhp. it could have been the cooldown or something else but they did it on there....and I actually do have the royal purple oil throughout.....that's why I listed mine as a mod....not true if this is true but I saw it on hp tv

blkvenm97

Established Member
I see most everyone with similar mods to me has around 275 rwhp....but why are some torque numbers high than that (278...280...etc..) others are in the lower 260s? is there a reason for this?

blackfang

Established Member
I actually watched an episode of hp tv on tnn and they dynoed a slightly modded ls1 ss camaro at 302 rwhp....they changed all the fluids to royal purple (engine, tranny fluid, rear end greese) and put it right back on the dyno with no other mods and put down 312 rwhp. it could have been the cooldown or something else but they did it on there....and I actually do have the royal purple oil throughout.....that's why I listed mine as a mod....not true if this is true but I saw it on hp tv
Please don't tell me that you believe that? I saw that episode and was not impressed at all. Those dyno's numbers were a joke . A stock SS makes 295-315 rwhp with no mods. Yet these monkey's added mods to the car and could only muster 302rwhp?? Come on now!! Then they waited and added RP fluids and gained 10rwhp?? I truly hope you do not believe in that hype?

blkvenm97 said:
I also have a centerforce clutch and a ram aluminum flywheel and steeda shifter while we're at it telling ALL our mods lol
I have clear corners, and suspension work done, but I doubt that will improve my dyno numbers.

blkvenm97 said:
I see most everyone with similar mods to me has around 275 rwhp....but why are some torque numbers high than that (278...280...etc..) others are in the lower 260s? is there a reason for this?
B headed cobras do not make a lot of torque and it that number can also vary depending on the mods.

blkvenm97

Established Member
ok the mod thing was a joke...and like I said I was just telling what I saw on tv...I didn't say I believed it but I'm sure those fluids aren't going to HURT my car any....

blackfang

Established Member
ok the mod thing was a joke...and like I said I was just telling what I saw on tv...I didn't say I believed it but I'm sure those fluids aren't going to HURT my car any....
No and that is not what I am getting at. What I am saying is asking what numbers can I make and these are my mods K&N, Mac o/r H pipe, Magnaflows, andmobil 1 oil? What point does it matter by listing the oil? It isn't going to change the dyno number.

blkvenm97

Established Member
No and that is not what I am getting at. What I am saying is asking what numbers can I make and these are my mods K&N, Mac o/r H pipe, Magnaflows, andmobil 1 oil? What point does it matter by listing the oil? It isn't going to change the dyno number.

I understand by like I said I saw on tv where running royal purple oil through the drivetrain increased the power of a mild ss by 10 rwhp....I didn't say I believed it but I wasn't sure if that was lagit or not. that's why the oil was listed as a mod....

Users who are viewing this thread