93R Rear Rotor Part #

Bartman73

Established Member
Anyone know the Part # for a 93 Cobra R rear Rotors? They look the same as the 93 Cobra Rotor but 5 Lug of course. Any help would be great

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Dont know the part # off hand.... but I believe its the same as the 84-87 Lincoln MarkVII LSC & 84-86 SVO

Bartman73

Established Member
Rotors

They are Different, I have matched them already. Ford doesn't even have a part # for them. By matching, I compared them to a 4 lug 93 Rotor, the specs are the same as the R, but of course the R is 5 Lug. The Svo Saleen, Mark rotors are different than the R. I do appreciate all the help.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I can take the wheel off my 93R next week and look for a part #.

The center/hat section of the rotor on a 94-up Cobra looks different than the 93R.

Bartman73

Established Member
Thanks a bunch, I do know they are not the same as the 94/95 Cobra's I will check with Ford on monday and get back with you. Thanks again for all the help.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
They are definitely different as the 94-95 Cobra's rotors were 11.65" vs. the 10.5" 93R's rotors. I thought they were Mark VII rotors. Perhaps there was a different rotor used in the 91-92 Mark VII?

That part number is for a 91 vintage part so they definitely aren't unique to the 93 Cobra R.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I was pretty confident they are LSC MarkVII based rear rotors. I have had a couple of the later LSC's and the rotors look visually the same as the 93R. I will say though that I never took the rotors off and compared them right next to each other.

jimbbski

Established Member
When I owned my 93R I also went looking for a replacement rear rotors just in case. Since I never went to real racing pads my rotor wear was very low and I never had to replace them in the 11 years I owned the car.

What I did find was that the rotors seem the same as those that came on the Lincoln Continental. This is the early 90's FWD based car. One time I took some measurements when I was a a pick-n-pull yard and it seemed to confirm that they are the same part. I never actually bought one to see if it fit however. Since Ford used only standard production parts from various cars on the 93R it would make follow that Ford would use some rotor from some other production car.

jimbbski

Established Member
I was pretty confident they are LSC MarkVII based rear rotors. I have had a couple of the later LSC's and the rotors look visually the same as the 93R. I will say though that I never took the rotors off and compared them right next to each other.

These two rotors; the SVO vrs the 93R are not the same! SVO is 11 inches in diameter and the 93R is 10.5. The SVO rear brakes (Mostly the caliper - Their too big!) are a poor match for a stock 93R. The SVO is a better balanced car off the showroom floor while the 93R is nose heavy.

On a modifed for racing/open track 93R the SVO brakes would be a better fit. One of the reason my rear rotors never whore out was that I did upgrade the rear brakes after I upgraded the fronts. I went all Wilwood. The fronts were their 6-piston kit and the rear was a collection of parts that I put together my self. 11.75 X 1.0 inch rotors, custom hats, and Dynalite calipers. I kept this set up when I sold the car and will use it on a furture race car.

drkhrse

Established Member
These two rotors; the SVO vrs the 93R are not the same! SVO is 11 inches in diameter and the 93R is 10.5. The SVO rear brakes (Mostly the caliper - Their too big!) are a poor match for a stock 93R. The SVO is a better balanced car off the showroom floor while the 93R is nose heavy.

On a modifed for racing/open track 93R the SVO brakes would be a better fit. One of the reason my rear rotors never whore out was that I did upgrade the rear brakes after I upgraded the fronts. I went all Wilwood. The fronts were their 6-piston kit and the rear was a collection of parts that I put together my self. 11.75 X 1.0 inch rotors, custom hats, and Dynalite calipers. I kept this set up when I sold the car and will use it on a furture race car.

Sure you don't want to part with it now????

jimbbski

Established Member
I went with the Wilwood 6 piston kit because the pads were cheap! At the time list prices for racing pads for this kit vrs the PBR pads on the 93R were less then half the price! I'm not sure it that's changed in the years since.
For me it doesn't matter as I picked up over a dozen sets of pads cheap in various racing compounds at a couple of race car auctions some years ago. I never used more then a couple of sets and I still have the rest.

As for the rear brakes, they are something I put togethere from various parts that I bought, modified, or made myself. Not something I would sell to someone since other then the calipers, pads, and rotors everything else is one of a kind. This includes the mounting brackets and hats. Plus there is no parking brake!

I think the stock Cobra (1994-2004) rear brakes are the best way to go. I did what I did to match the Wilwood brakes up front and as a project just to see if I could do it.

Bottom line: it's not for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread