93 rx-7 vs. 03 stig cobra... vid.

smg944

Established Member
me vs. a buddies 03 stig ported cobra. i have been guessing his whp for the last 6 months. his tuner told him 585whp which i believe is nearly impossible for a ported eaton. anyway he didnt take this race too well so he is putting on a procharger. there is also a black cobra hard top with black wheels. it has the same exact setup as my buddies and is making 518whp. i would like to run it since its slightly lighter but wont play. even though they have the " hell yea i street race " plate frame. haha. we are in RI.

here are the runs we made. feel free to throw in some whp guesses.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2xLaIivL5o"]YouTube - 407 whp rx-7 vs. 550+ whp 03 cobra rematch 2 of 2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6lH721bODM&NR=1"]YouTube - 407 whp rx-7 vs. 550+ whp 03 cobra rematch 1 of 2[/ame]

smg944

Established Member
also the cobra has full bolt on and the biggest tb you can get. upper pulley i believe is a 2.76

painintheass

Established Member
Nice RX-7, I really like the red and forest green ones! There are hard to come by too. One of my favorite car choices on Forza!

smg944

Established Member
its is ported. i have seen the little stig badge on there. its a stage 3 or 4 i forget. im good friends with him. we went over the mods for each car. yes my car is about 700lbs lighter. quick question. what is the wieght differance between the conv. and the hard top 03 cobras.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
very good race / kill, seems about right ur car is very light, that cobra needs to go on a diet and do a twin screw or turbo or built motor to walk a light car like urs, but twin screw only and that ooutcome would of been the opss.

bigmoose

Established Member
nice runs, looks to be RT 4 in NK? where is your buddy from? i'd like to check out his car.

edit: looks like 295 now that i think about it.

Last edited:

smg944

Established Member
bigmoose, yea we need to all meet up. we have a few of us up here that run. me, his cobra, a 95 paxton gt, 2 ls1 that run well. he is from cranston. we are actually meeting up tonight send me a pm. we are going to be in warwick if you want to take a ride up.

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
585 at the fly maybe...500 to the wheels is more like the typical(average) stage 3 or 4 Eaton but it all depends on his list of mods. Regardless of what he says, your RX-7 seems to have a better power to weight ratio.

Nice cars...both of them.

Later...Dave

Drewzilla

Established Member
Nice FD!! I used to have a black with red interior 93 a few years back. Sold it due to turbo problems and not being able to afford the repairs. Anyway your car moves out. Dont they weigh about 2870lbs or so stock? Very light cars. Also very fast for a sub 100 cubic inch motor lol. Id still think about 100 more in the cobra would hang better than that if not edge you out though, especially with the response of a smaller blower. What happened in the first race? Did you shift to the wrong gear? Once he hit the next gear you were GONE. What is your setup btw? Any other pics of the car would be nice. I love that car.

Last edited:

TrickStang37

Established Member
a stock 03/04 Cobra Convert weighs 3780 lbs.

the coupes weigh 3665 lbs.

the first race he should have had his window rolled up, judging from the races I've had, it's worth ~1 car up to 120 or so. also, it didn't seem like you had a passenger. just for reference, when i have my girlfriend in the car, that usually cost me ~1 car from like 40-120 from a roll, and she only weighs 100lbs.

Im just saying there were factors in your favor in these races. good kills.

the second race he seems to take off way after you, did you guys honk that off? it looked like he waited for your hit. he started in a dead spot too at the top of second (which seemed to be ~65-75 mph).

Last edited:

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
good kills. I think the second video really showed how you pull on the topend. Even w/ a slight jump you steadily creeped away from him. Good kills. I dont believe 585rwhp at all. I would think a lot lower but, idk.

TrickStang37

Established Member
good kills. I think the second video really showed how you pull on the topend. Even w/ a slight jump you steadily creeped away from him. Good kills. I dont believe 585rwhp at all. I would think a lot lower but, idk.

What do you mean "even with a slight jump"? if two cars trap pretty much the same, the car that hits it first will ALWAYS steadily creep away. on top of the fact that it was not a good starting point for the Cobra, if they started at ~85-90 mph it would have looked better. It was not a good race with all the variables stacked in one direction.

smg944

Established Member
the the first vid up top was our best race since i had him do the beeps. when i brake boost it can be hard to hear my beeps. my car is all top end, 4th gear last forever in it. we go back and forth all the time busting balls about running the cars. the only drawback i had on the first vid was that i shifted 500rpms too short. so that let him catch back up since i was out of powerband.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Nice, Ive always like the RX7's. When my Cobra had a few bolt ons and a Stg 3 port it made 490whp on a conservative tune, so I would say in the low 500 range at most.

Users who are viewing this thread