Cobrarear2.jpg

sweet Lord
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Its all about tolerances. Our cars aren't built all the same. For example, my rearend is off center by more than the average of a half inch or so. I have rubbing in LH inside fenderwell with stock wheels and nitto drag radials.

buddha93

Established Member
What sort of miles are on your car, and whose cowl hood are you using Cobraguy? Looks sharp!

stangbear427

Established Member
C'mon MillCreek, lets gitrdone with some pics! Those little ones in the sig are, well... little ones in a sig.

And on a productive criticism note: all the rear shots in here (for the most part) don't show anything useful to anyone curious about the clearance on fenders and such. It looks like you're all showing off your blacked out license plates. Although, since none of those appear to be of the repro wheels, I suppose that doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

stangbear427

Established Member
Ordered a pair of repros yestiddy, should be here by the end of the week. We shall see if they fit.

IN other news: LRS new shipping policy KICKS ASS. Any individual item that can be shipped UPS ground is $14.95, no matter how much you buy. This rocks!

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
Ordered a pair of repros yestiddy, should be here by the end of the week. We shall see if they fit.

IN other news: LRS new shipping policy KICKS ASS. Any individual item that can be shipped UPS ground is $14.95, no matter how much you buy. This rocks!

Please post up how they fit I would look into this for a option for some wider rims on the sticky's.

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
Just fyi, everyones 275's aren't the same width, some companies measure differently, and on narrower wheels, the full 275mm isn't on the ground. Many foxes will fit a 315 DR with the right wheel. I know we are discussing an 8.5" wheel, and a DR with that width 'should' be a 275--drag cars like a bit of sidewall flex. Most DR's are rounded on the edges and not square. I had 275's on an 8" wheel with slight rub at lowered height; that being said, I have a 98' rearend in my car--track is about 1.5" wider than stock. Rolled the fenders and absolutely fixed the problem. I finally got my upper control arms dialed in and now my axle is square, so 275's go without being close to the fenders.

Last edited:

stangbear427

Established Member
Not to blow the mission and amble even further off topic, but how did you go about rolling your fenders? How did the paint hold up?

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
Thanks for the info carguy but I was referring to repros... I rolled my fenders with a baseball bat. I did get some flaking of paint in the inside. Nothing has manifested at the edge of the lip or outside.

Users who are viewing this thread