93 replica wheels vs. OE wheels

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
I understand the difference between the replica Cobra wheel and the original as far as back spacing and how it relates to the choice of front brake components. GT components versus OE Cobra components. My question is how the replica wheels fit on the back of the 93 Cobra rear axle assembly and the issues I can expect to encounter other than quad shock clearance. Can anyone answer this with personal experience? Do the replicas stick out further than the originals? Is there any visual difference?

sled

Established Member
i think they stick out 3/4inch farther the stock. plus their 8.5in wide vs 7.5in. i think they would look good on the rear. im gonna get a set and stick my DR's on them.

fivestangs

Established Member
I put stock 5.0 length axles and used the northracecars brackets for the brakes and I have the replica wheels with 275s on the back and the fit is perfect. A 275 tire with the stock '93 cobra width in the back and replica wheels would put the tire into the fender for sure.

Mark

jbrown1238

Established Member
One or two of the side showing wheel placement of the front and rear wheels and one or two from the back. I see you use 275's on the back, what about on the front?

Thank you for your help.

jbrown1238

Established Member
Thanks, that helps give me an idea. I will look forward to the side shoots this weekend.

Jeff

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
A 275 tire with the stock '93 cobra width in the back and replica wheels would put the tire into the fender for sure.

Mark

x2
I test fitted just to see. The lip of the repro rim is flush with the outer lip of the rear quarter. And that's if your rearend is centered perfectly (most aren't).

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
275 Mickeys on stock rims lowered if this helps:

Cobraslammedrear2.jpg

Cobrarear2.jpg

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
I have OE wheels on the front of my car, and REPRO's on the rear with 17" ET streets. I still have stock rear components, and quad shocks. I still have plenty of clearance. I can take pictures for you also if you would like. Also forgot to add they are 26 x 11.50

Last edited:

stangbear427

Established Member
x2
I test fitted just to see. The lip of the repro rim is flush with the outer lip of the rear quarter. And that's if your rearend is centered perfectly (most aren't).
i had a 17x9 with a 275/40 out back and i had no probs.
I have OE wheels on the front of my car, and REPRO's on the rear with 17" ET streets. I still have stock rear components, and quad shocks. I still have plenty of clearance. I can take pictures for you also if you would like. Also forgot to add they are 26 x 11.50

OK, how is this possible? One or two o' these three ain't tellin' the truth or somethin'

buddha93

Established Member
Well, I know a lot of guys squeezed the 275's on the stock 7.5 inch wheel anyway, myself included and I still ran into a little rub on the fender lip. The Nitto guys seemed to have less of this compared to those of us running BFGs.

I has a OEM set widened to 9", run a 1/2" spacer and it's extremely tight. I have maybe a 1/2 of clearance from the inner fenderwell, and even less room between the tire and the exhuast which I have slightly pushed inward. I'll post up a pic when I get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread