'93 Notch, Red w/ Blk int, orig 5.0/5spd, new paint, new suspension...

Constable

Established Member
Tons of pics here: http://rides.webshots.com/album/569995953lfFJKc

Picture_1031.jpg

I need a truck ASAP, so I'm selling my notch.

It's a '93 5.0/5spd LX. Bright Red with factory black tweed interior. It was a Georgia car for most of it's life. Was brought up to NJ in the spring of 2008. I bought it in June '08 and it was stone stock, aside from an h-pipe and flowmasters.

These parts have been added, replaced, or repaired so far:

Suspension:
- BMR subframes
- BMR uppers and lowers
- Energy Susp black graphite EVERYTHING. No rubber left under the car.
- New reman steering rack and tie rods
- offset rack bushings
- H&R SuperSports with poly isolators
- Tokico HP struts/shocks
- Maximum Motorsports C/C plates
- fresh alignment
- heavy duty sway bar end-links

Tune Up shiz:
- Cap, rotor, plugs, wires
- TFI module
- O2 sensors (2)
- New OEM pos and neg battery cables
- New battery
- cleaned and lubed all electrical connections on car
- Fuel filter
- flushed steering system
- 255lph Walbro fuel pump
- new gas tank grommets and o-rings
- new radiator

Interiorand stuff:
- Viper keyless entry
- Pioneer DEH7700MP head unit
- Infinity Reference 3.5" in dash, 6.5" in doors
- Infinity Kappa 6x8" components in rear deck
- Dynamat on doors
- new door lock and window switches
- new OEM Ford door lock motors (EXPENSIVE... not the cheap-o chinese aftermarket crap)
- new moisture barrier, door panel clips, etc...
- new OEM shift knob
- new door arm rest pads
- new center arm rest pad and latch
- Ash tray door "fix" (Mavromont)
- new door handle bezels
- new repro map pockets
- new black ACC floor mats
- new HVAC temp control cable (runs from knob to heater box)

Other junk:
- Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
- Steeda firewall adjuster (click type)
- Steeda billet clutch quadrant
- new OEM Ford clutch cable
- new inner (lower) shift boot
- Newer tires with about 85% tread left (245/50/16 all around)

Body:
- Painted 1/2008 (base/clear)... job is about a 7 of 10...
- window mouldings re-finished
- 1/4 window mouldings are near perfect
- new headlights, markers, corners, tails
- new OEM emblems all around (5.0, LX, and Ford ovals)
- Ponys and caps were stripped and re-painted
- 20% window tint all around
- new black metal door handles
- 8" shorty antenna
- new door hinge pins and bushings
- new weatherstrip on doors and trunk

Exhaust:
- SLP Loudmouth bullets, dumped.
- Has shorties and off-road H that were on it when I bought it.

Issues:
- It's tough getting into 1st gear. I drop it in 2nd and then push it up into 1st, otherwise it'll grind a bit (but I've managed just fine for the past nine months as my daily driver).
- There's a worn area on the driver seat bolsters.

The car itself has 141,000 miles on it. It drives and handles fantastic. Doesn't smoke or leak anything. Runs ICE COLD in summer. AC and heat work great.

The underside is amazingly clean. I scrubbed it all down when I had the fuel tank out. The factory grey epoxy finish is intact and there is NO RUST or scale what-so-ever. Very solid and clean fox.

Asking price is $7,250.00. Will entertain reasonable offers. Trades possible... clean trucks only please.

Have CarFax available. Will email a report to those who are seriously interested in purchasing the car. VIN #: 1FACP40E5PF161260

Last edited:

Joe5.0

Established Member
When you describe the paint job as "7-10" what exactly is drawing it back form a 9 or 10?

Car looks very nice and i may be interested.

Constable

Established Member
I say it's a "7" because I'm an anal nutcase about cars. In my mind it's a "7" because of a few slight imperfections.

There are some cracks in the embossed "Mustang" letters on the rear bumper cover. There are a few chips on the inside edges of the front bumper cover (hidden by hood). The lower air dam portion of the front bumper cover was never wet-sanded like the rest of the body. There is a 1" by 2" area on the front right fender where you can see tiny bumps in the paint because someone didn't use a super-fine sand paper during prep.

All of these things are very minor and no one can see them except me. I tried to capture them in pics. You can see them in the WebShots gallery. All my friends think I'm crazy.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Cool thanks for clearing tat up for me. Great descrition. I am the same way. Had a red 91 myself that was just PITA to maintain. Ill take a look at those pics.

Constable

Established Member
bump bump.

Times are really tough. I sold my last notch for asking price in less than 12 hours from the time the thread was posted. Sold my F350 in two days.

Someone must want this one! It's really nice, I swear! :)

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Don't know if this is what your looking for but I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport.
4wd, 4.0 I6, 4spd auto, 2" suspension lift (shackles and spring spacers) new black Crager 397 Soft 8's with 30x9.50's, black with black interior, Sony stereo with Kicker speakers, power everything.
It's got 130k on it, but its all highway. I bought it off the original owner who was a female school teacher that spent the summers commuting to Cape May every year. She never had it off road and really, neither have I. It's not really my thing. I only put the wheels and lift on it because the guys at work kept telling me I had a girl Jeep.:lol:
The only issues are broken swaybar end links (I snapped them by accident when I was installing the spring spacers) and it drips a little bit of oil from the rear main seal, but its not much and from what I've read its an easy fix (I was gonna do it this spring). Other than that, it's a great truck. The interior is in great shape, the body is in great shape, the paint is in pretty descent shape. Nothing major, just not as pretty as your Stang :lol: It did have a few minor rust spots on the hood that I covered with black primer.
Let me know if you'd be interested and we can work something out.

Constable

Established Member
Send me some pics... sounds tempting. I've been thinking about a XJ as a daily beater. Don't know about an even trade, but we'll see...

Constable

Established Member
Installed the lock motors this afternoon. Cleaned the doors in and out. Lithium-greased the lock rod joints and window tracks. Re-installed door panels with new fasteners so everything is nice and tight :)

Constable

Established Member
Weather is getting nice in NJ...

Took it out for some glass-down cruising... reminded me of how fun these cars are, especially this one.

Heck, I might keep it and try to buy a truck as well.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Dam some how this thread didn't pop up in my USERCP. I'll try to get some pics of my Jeep if your still interested. I actually just detailed it up this weekend. I didn't realize how nice it actually was :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread