9000 GT500's

rezcobra

Established Member
Ford announced to its dealers there will be 9000 GT500s built!! Job 1 on June 5th and delivery to dealers by the end of June!! Bout time!! :pepper:

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
rezcobra said:
Ford announced to its dealers there will be 9000 GT500s built!! Job 1 on June 5th and delivery to dealers by the end of June!! Bout time!! :pepper:

If they sell Ford will build another 9k to boost profits, they need the money and will whore the GT500 out.

PGreenSVT

Established Member
Especially since they have cancelled all the other special editions except for the "BOSS". That will be a stripped down NA 5.4. Damn Ford! I may have to go elsewhere for my next vehicle.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
07 Shelby said:
Ya, But don't You just Love 500hp Factory Sluts!! :banana:

Yes but who cares when its a fat/heavy slut. You'll still get walked by everyone. Al for $45,000+. :nonono:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
then you must think the same thing about your fat ass terminator, right? they are heavier than the previous gen so no difference, right? they did the exact same thing to fix the problem as they did on your car, they added horsepower. enough with all the damn weight bitching.

Jpjr

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
then you must think the same thing about your fat ass terminator, right? they are heavier than the previous gen so no difference, right? they did the exact same thing to fix the problem as they did on your car, they added horsepower. enough with all the damn weight bitching.

only difference is that the extra weight used to be free :lol:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
What good is it when you have the power but with every model you get heavier while everyone else is getting lighter?
Never said the Terms were light. But to add more weight to the next generation is going backwards. :nonono: Plus you're paying almost $10k more, and thats MSRP :nonono:

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
A) we dont know MSRP yet. its speculated about $40k which can be blamed on inflation. you cant get a new ford taurus at the same price as you could in 1990(for example).
B) who else is getting lighter? the challenger concept weighs in at about 42-4300lbs even with all the carbon fiber and the camaro has been reported to weigh in at about 4k lbs because of all the safety crap. no one else is getting light, just heavier. and might i also note that this mustang is BIGGER???

chuckstang

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
Yes but who cares when its a fat/heavy slut. You'll still get walked by everyone. Al for $45,000+. :nonono:
Hey bud I dare you to walk my gt500 when I get one
Oh and it will be modded.
ya your ***ed

Formula51

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
A) we dont know MSRP yet. its speculated about $40k which can be blamed on inflation. you cant get a new ford taurus at the same price as you could in 1990(for example).
B) who else is getting lighter? the challenger concept weighs in at about 42-4300lbs even with all the carbon fiber and the camaro has been reported to weigh in at about 4k lbs because of all the safety crap. no one else is getting light, just heavier. and might i also note that this mustang is BIGGER???

I believe 4,000 lbs. for the Camaro is wishful thinking from the Ford crowd. Yes, it will be heavier than the 4th generation due to safety standards, but the projections I have see are around 3700lbs. Remember that the GTO weighs a little over 3700lbs. with independent rear suspension, an LS2, a plushy interior, and a frame with a lot of structural support to handle Australia roads. Also, the Camaro concept is too large for production and will have to be made narrower. The Camaro should come in somewhere between a Mustang GT and a Shelby GT500 in terms of weight.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
pick up the latest motortrend, it says that the aussie development crew has leaked out that it weighs about 4k lbs. i know its a magazine but its the only source of info we have at the moment. and someone else around here said they heard from someone inside(or something like that) that it weighs about that too. i dont just pull numbers out of my ass.

G. El Dorado

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
What good is it when you have the power but with every model you get heavier while everyone else is getting lighter?
Never said the Terms were light. But to add more weight to the next generation is going backwards. :nonono: Plus you're paying almost $10k more, and thats MSPR :nonono:

I wouldn't call Chevy and their one $65k car everyone else.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Sorry. Should have made it clear that the Z06 was the target so really it would only be that 1 car that is lighter, 900lbs lighter. :nonono:
chuckstang said:
Hey bud I dare you to walk my gt500 when I get one
Oh and it will be modded.
ya your ***ed

:rolleyes: :rollseyes :bored: :sleeping: I wont have to cuz there will be plenty of other 03/04s that will. Oh and they'll be modded too. For now we'll just snack on your 285rwhp/275rwtq. :kaboom:

Ry Trapp0
04 Cobra - 3665lbs 07 Shelby - 3920lbs
btw - Nice Z,...24

Those up and coming Chevy/ Dodge products will be a handfull with H/C/I.
I'm just not satisfied with a heavier Cobra that will cost $10k more than the previous year. I think it will be (already is) the cats meow but damn guys. $45K+!

Just sat through an hour of traffic. I'm pissy right now. I hate the gas prices and dealer markup! :cuss: :mj: :bash: :fm:
American muscle rules!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i just want to say that im not really happy about the car weighing that much but that people are taking this way too far. im a little curious how it weighs that much more though. a GT weighs about 3700, right? so how does it get a 200lb increase? i do not believe that it could be just from the engine alone(although that thing cant be too light), there must be some other things. either way the playing field should be even amoung the muscle cars, considering they all weigh about 4000lbs(from the info we have that is).

leave me and my Z alone, i got her free and i cant afford a new(read: new to me, used from someone else) car to replace it. lol. it has 190,000 on the clock and it still runs strong(now that its running again, needed a tune up BAD), it needs a little credit. as soon as i build up some cash though, ill be looking at fox bodies or hopefully some SN95s. either that or a mid 90s 4x4 ranger(TTB front ends own) to lift and "baja out"(long travel suspension and 'glass fenders). but im stuck with a GM at the moment.

and leave me alone about not having money and talking about a $40,000+ car, i can dream. not to mention i might own one in like 5 years or so(doubtful but more dreaming).

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
04MystiCobra said:
Sorry. Should have made it clear that the Z06 was the target so really it would only be that 1 car that is lighter, 900lbs lighter. :nonono:

For the 3,973,426th time, the GT500 and the Z06 are not even in the same zip code!!!!!! :fart:

G. El Dorado

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
a GT weighs about 3700, right?

Actually it's only 3500 for a GT coupe. I heard the iron block, dohc heads and supercharger setup add 300lbs but I don't know where the rest of the weight is coming from. Maybe the T56 and bigger wheels/tires.

G. El Dorado

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
For the 3,973,426th time, the GT500 and the Z06 are not even in the same zip code!!!!!! :fart:

Well the haters aren't going to compare the Shelby to another GM car. There'd be no point. GM never made anything that could take it prior to the new Z.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
G. El Dorado said:
Actually it's only 3500 for a GT coupe. I heard the iron block, dohc heads and supercharger setup add 300lbs but I don't know where the rest of the weight is coming from. Maybe the T56 and bigger wheels/tires.
i always figured that was for the V6. either way the point being, where did all the weight come from??? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread