9 thread heads

Dib14gt

Established Member
I have a 03 10th anniversary coupe. Reading that some of those had the 9 thread heads because they were a later build. Does anyone know the build date those heads started? Yes I know pull a plug and count the threads, but it’s cold as shit here in pa..... thanx

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I have a 03 10th anniversary coupe. Reading that some of those had the 9 thread heads because they were a later build. Does anyone know the build date those heads started? Yes I know pull a plug and count the threads, but it’s cold as shit here in pa..... thanx

That link above is to my site - there are pictures that show you where the casting numbers are. You don't need to pull a head, just get a retractable mirror in there to see the number on the head (or you should be able to see them from below if that works).

As for the dates, the Anniversary cars were built in June and July of '03, so it's a toss-up whether you'd have the DB threads. I've never been able to find out, probably because the info doesn't exist, but it's safe to say that the later builds in that period are more likely to have the newer heads. Really though, you just have to look for the casting number to tell.

hotcobra03

Established Member
fwiw..I had the same issue with both 4 and 9..

I'm on the neweat design just about at the 200k mark on this..

passengers 4 thread has 418k no issues

Soap

Established Member
As for the dates, the Anniversary cars were built in June and July of '03, so it's a toss-up whether you'd have the DB threads. I've never been able to find out, probably because the info doesn't exist, but it's safe to say that the later builds in that period are more likely to have the newer heads. Really though, you just have to look for the casting number to tell.

I have an Anniversary car with 4 thread heads.......my build was July:(

--Joe

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Bummer. No set reason then. That's Ford for you - just luck of the draw.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread