9 sec TT SRT8 Cherokee

Dane

Established Member
May be repost but this badass:rockon:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUVQZPHaNKY"]YouTube- jeep.wmv[/nomedia]

Dane

Established Member
I found this online:

Built by Lewis Performance Machine, the SRT-8 sports a 426-stroker built to handle 1500 AWD horsepower. Details are naturally a little hard to find, but the owner reports the obvious: upgraded fuel system, drive line and rear end. He does let the public know that a 75-shot of NOS is used to help get the Jeep off the line while the trans brake and 2-step is still being tested. The beast is tuned by Johan at Diablo and rolls on Nitto NT05Rs on the stock rims.

The video after the jump shows the SRT-8 running a 9.87, which the owner claims is on 13 psi and the 75 shot. The 9.659 was with 16 psi and the 9.658 was at 19 psi with the boost tube blowing off. Naturally the Jeep SRT-8 had a lot more in it, given that its 9.658 pass was at a lowly 139.36 mph vs the 146.72 it hit with the 9.659 pass.

It should only be a matter of time before the SRT-8 hits Orlando Speedworld again, so we’ll keep you guys up to date if they enter the record books with an 8 second pass.

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
Daaaammnn..

I'd love one of those jeeps, it'd blow the doors off my mustang with a car seat and groceries in the back!

61mmstang94

Established Member
it'd blow the doors off my mustang with a car seat and groceries in the back!

If I remember correctly that Jeep is lightened up significantly and only has 2 alum race buckets in front and 2 in the back in the interior.

Fast for a Jeep either way...pretty nice!

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I found this online:

Built by Lewis Performance Machine, the SRT-8 sports a 426-stroker built to handle 1500 AWD horsepower. Details are naturally a little hard to find, but the owner reports the obvious: upgraded fuel system, drive line and rear end. He does let the public know that a 75-shot of NOS is used to help get the Jeep off the line while the trans brake and 2-step is still being tested. The beast is tuned by Johan at Diablo and rolls on Nitto NT05Rs on the stock rims.

The video after the jump shows the SRT-8 running a 9.87, which the owner claims is on 13 psi and the 75 shot. The 9.659 was with 16 psi and the 9.658 was at 19 psi with the boost tube blowing off. Naturally the Jeep SRT-8 had a lot more in it, given that its 9.658 pass was at a lowly 139.36 mph vs the 146.72 it hit with the 9.659 pass.

It should only be a matter of time before the SRT-8 hits Orlando Speedworld again, so we’ll keep you guys up to date if they enter the record books with an 8 second pass.
Twin 60s on a 426 with a little N20 to get things spooling (rear mount turbos!) is the combo, along with some serious tuning. Still running a built stock trans too. I've seen the truck lift the front wheels off the ground, on the 20" DRs....who needs AWD??

If I remember correctly that Jeep is lightened up significantly and only has 2 alum race buckets in front and 2 in the back in the interior.

Fast for a Jeep either way...pretty nice!
Not so sure about that, heck, race weight is over 5000 pounds!!

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Nice pass but, RPM's TBSS is Still Faster (9.06 @149mph with a 4650lb. race weight) and it was built over 2yrs. ago! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread