9-27-03 NEDT Dyno day. URGH!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Well, I went today and put down 411/390 even though my graph said otherwise.

My car was slipping bad on the dyno. My datalog shows it.

nedt-p1-p2-comp.jpg

Where the RPM and Vehicle Speed aren't linear is where the slip occured. So you can pretty much throw that run out the window. So I paid 40 bucks for 1 ****ed up run and 1 heat soaked run. :fm:

Last edited:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
sounds like a good time. I hope next week is better. Any reason why the car was slipping on the dyno? Did they do a piss poor job strapping it down?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
moisture, sand, bad strapping. They should of let me run up to 100 or so before doing the runs to clean off the tires. I told them I was slipping and they said I wasn't. Fawkers.

Last edited:

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Hey Mike and Ken it was good meeting you guys out there at NEDYNO. I'd check out this coming weekend out there but it's our 1st annual Maine leaf peeping cruise with SCMC.

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/mainpage.html

Curious to see if there is any difference in your #'s on the pulls next weekend compared to the conditions out there yesterday.

John

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Mike, Thanks for the info. It felt like my Cobra
was slipping a bit. But Dean said no.
John, It was nice to meet you.Those figures of
349 and 345 hp may be low due to slipping
or because you only have 1200 miles on it.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I'm guessing he had some belt slip too because it broke in half on the second run. Never heard of a belt breaking on a completely stock cobra with less than 2000 miles :shrug:

John,

It was nice meeting you too! Did you make it home alright? Did you get the new belt on?

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
John, Mike and I are dynoing again on Oct. 4th.
Are you dynoing again?, or you can come by
just to hang out with fellow SVT people.
Get that belt changed soon, weird how it
shredded up like it did. Ken

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Ken,

I wish I could swing by and hang out but we'll be in Maine for the SCMC event. It's the only one I've been able to make this year and already have room reservations for the 4th and 5th. Then we have to hustle home for the Patriots game on Sunday(we have season tickets). They'll be doing an autocross up there Sunday.

Mike,

Made it home fine, I'm only a couple miles from the Dyno. I haven't changed the belt yet but I'll get to it tomorrow. I would have done it today but don't like working in the rain and I had my old Cherokee up on jack stands in the driveway so I had to attend to that yesterday. Good luck with the KB install.

John

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Hey, by the way what do guys think of the Predator. I was thinking of maybe ordering one in the near future. Maybe after I get some more miles on the car I might try getting a good tune on the car to get the most out of it. I wasn't crazy about the 10/1 AF from 4k up.

John

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I would do it if I didn't have the KB chip. I think the idea is great. Who knows, I may go that route down the road.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Mike....always thought u made more :shrug:

So when u going for an upper pulley change?

:eek: :burnout:

I ordered a polished kb, 55# injectors w/ harnesses, kb tb, oil spray kit, and a few other things over 8 weeks ago. I'm just waiting for the shit to show up. I'm getting pretty pissed off. This shouldn't be taking this long.

I was making more be I started taking mods off because I wouldn't need them with the KB.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
I ordered a polished kb, 55# injectors w/ harnesses, kb tb, oil spray kit, and a few other things over 8 weeks ago. I'm just waiting for the shit to show up. I'm getting pretty pissed off. This shouldn't be taking this long.

I was making more be I started taking mods off because I wouldn't need them with the KB.

:lol: ALERT! Sandbagger in MA :p

J/K. Damn no BAP right? Seems like folks are having trouble with that.

So i guess u want to be the 1st one to hit 600rwhp :eek: :beer:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
BTW Noticed soom stronge opinion on certain topics from ya....on some threads.

Sad to say some stories never get out :bash:

I think I know how it was for some people in Iraq. The only difference is instead of me getting killed, my thread gets killed. Sometimes the truth hurts.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
:lol: ALERT! Sandbagger in MA :p

J/K. Damn no BAP right? Seems like folks are having trouble with that.

So i guess u want to be the 1st one to hit 600rwhp :eek: :beer:

I will be using the BAP with the KB chip. I ordered a 13psi pulley with the blower and I will be getting a 17psi pulley when I am happy with the 13. Hopefully I will get around 520rwhp with the 13 and 600+ with the 17.

PS I just got the tracking number. It's on the way!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I will be using the BAP with the KB chip. I ordered a 13psi pulley with the blower and I will be getting a 17psi pulley when I am happy with the 13. Hopefully I will get around 520rwhp with the 13 and 600+ with the 17.

PS I just got the tracking number. It's on the way!

:beer: Local dude is having a hard time to get to 600rwhp with the KB Chip :shrug: and thats with a 19psi pulley. I'll be checking in on ya soon :beer:

I agree 100% with ya Mike :beer: Truth hurts some times but some folks cant come to grips with it as well :shrug:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Good news. The predator is on its way! For 70 dollars less than what amazon would sell them for if they had them in stock, but they dont!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Good news. The predator is on its way! For 70 dollars less than what amazon would sell them for if they had them in stock, but they dont!

:beer: yeah i got some bad stories about AR now but cant really say it....ya know?

Well ur lucky no mods are around. We all got busted on the cali side for whoring & its been a bit boring till today :shrug: Havent been able to find a topic to post on....no its not just ramdom post :dw:
:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread