9/11...My small town

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
I remember I was in calculus class first semester of college. Feels like it was just yesterday...

cj428mach

Established Member
I had just walked back into the dorms from a 7:00am class and few guys were running around saying a plane hit the WTC. I turned on the news and watched the second plane hit live on TV. I spent the rest of the day watching every moment unfold from start to finish.

It sounds weird to say but I'm thankful I was able to witness a moment in history that changed the world forever. I wished it didn't happen thats for damn sure but since it did I'm glad I got to see it and understand exactly what happened. I got to see TV coverage that day that isn't shown now on TV now. Many people were at work and could only piece it together from radio reports etc....but I saw it and will never forget it.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
9th grade in social studies class. I remember everyone in shock. Parents were picking up their kids by the masses. School was just about empty for the rest of the day. It was an unreal atmosphere. Like a bad dream.

_Satch_

Established Member
We have a 9/11 Coalition that sets up a 42 mile motorcycle ride through 8 towns. They have set up this ride every year since 2001. People from the towns sit along the route waving flags. It's a really nice ride. Makes me remember those who sacrificed everything for what we have. When you register for the ride, they hand everyone two 5x7 card with 4 names of fallen soldiers and their ranks and the town they were from. Here is an ariel picture of the Firehouse it all starts and ends at. I couldn't get the picture to link.

http://s769.photobucket.com/user/_Satch_/media/image.jpg1_zpshcrhhcve.jpg.html

Satch

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Our neighbor down the block was at the WTC that day...and left the office for coffee and breakfast. Might have saved his life. He was in a serious depression for months afterwards.

We put a flag up in front of our house the day after 9/11 and it has never been down since. I'll never forget how quiet the skies were for days...except for the occasional fighter flying over. The day was surreal...

My aunts office was in the WTC. I never knew she worked there till after the attack.

I know she was shaken up for a while. She had the day off, luckily. I don't recall how many of her coworkers died that day.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Here is the flag I was given along with the 9/11 memorial ribbon when my wife and I went to the 10 year anniversary in NYC. Her father was at the top of the South Tower when the first plane hit. I keep this on my office wall to remind me each and every day. Never Forget.

1739d6b3224a4ae4f16c17f240dbbd76.jpg

I have a ton of pictures from the events of anyone wants them.

Users who are viewing this thread