9:1 CR with a turbo

5.0GT

Established Member
I'm undecided on what compression to go with either 10 or 9. I'm trying to make the most with gasoline but worried that it will be very sluggish with 9:1. Anyone running this compression with a turbo? and what gears?

Last edited:

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
I know it's not the same but I have a vortech JT and 10:1 cr.
I just switched to e85 but did run gas for a long time. The lower cr made a big different in the amount of timing and boost I could run and still not have any knocking.
I ran this cr for a summer before I put the blower on and did not notice much of a power loss from the stock cr.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Depends on a lot of things(power goals, fuel used, climate, etc) but I'd run the factory 11:1 static. If you're wanting a wider tuning window for peace of mind, then run 10:1. But I wouldn't go lower than that. It's not necessary.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Depends on a lot of things(power goals, fuel used, climate, etc) but I'd run the factory 11:1 static. If you're wanting a wider tuning window for peace of mind, then run 10:1. But I wouldn't go lower than that. It's not necessary.

Why wouldn't you change? You can more power with less octane, safer with lower compression than the 11:1, no?

Crow12gt

Established Member
If good quality fuel is available ( E85 ) keep the stock CR or go 10.5 easy to tune less boost to achieve the hp target. Low fuel oct go 9.5 as there is more room for error

Users who are viewing this thread