8rib setup?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Soon, you can now buy a key component, the ATI balancer with VMP - spec 5 percent ring. Will work with 6 or 8 rib.

olaosunt

Established Member
Damper ordered! Looking forward to the rest of the kit. :D

Mine's on it's way.:banana:
While waiting since last fall I have tried the whipple 2.9 whipple/cobra jet 10 rib conversion and 20 % Damper.Did not turn out well for my 9.5 alluminator:nonono:
I still have that set up(available to buy if anyone wants to try it).
I have gone back up on the compression on my MMR Boss long block and fortunately was able to buy back my TVS. It is getting a snake bite drive(1.3) and venom cooler.
I am starting with the 82 mm pulley/5 %/1.3 drive which should make the same as the 63 mm/ 5 %/stock 1.1 drive( since the 63 would not fit my blower) with less slip.Justin reckons about 18 psi.
Will it make more rwhp on the Boss long block than the whipple did on the lower compression engine at the same psi?
If I want more I can step down to the 75 mm for 20 psi.
If I cant sell the 2.9whipple I am thinking of having steigmeir make a custom 8 rib pulley(say 2.75) that could make more than 20 psi(? 21-22 psi) with the 5% damper.The 8 rib whipple pulley may not work since VMP adds a rib to the front and back and whipple adds 2 to the front of the 6 rib.
Below is a comparison of the TVS/69 mm/6 rib pulley/stock damper(blue above and red below) at 15 psi and the 2.9 whipple/3.25/10 rib pulley/20 % OD at 18 psi.
Same engine/E85/different days.
I am now married to 2 PD supercharger now.No Turbo for me :nono:
dyno.jpg
boost.jpg

grnenvy

Established Member
Snake Bite option is a lot of $$ and isn't needed if running the 15% from Justin. I'm not real sure when the efficiency runs out on the TVS but I have problems believing there are gains past his 15% and lets say a 65-69mm upper. I know belt slip was an issue but I'm pretty sure the 8rib setup has fixed that.

Users who are viewing this thread