88mm turbo Q's...

DeadM8

Turbo Terror
Established Member
I currently have a modified Hellion 76mm single setup, and have been thinking about going up to an 88mm in the future. I was curious about how much would have to be changed to accommodate the bigger turbo. Any info is appreciated.

faststang14

Established Member
88MM ? a lot of things have to be modified. my last car runned an 80mm and here i go. A/C lines have to be extremely modifiy. u have to go with a front mounted pusher fan and get rid of the stock. and get rid of ur cross over to lower coolant line hose. also the coolant tank has to be replaced in my case i used an 01 Z3 bmw coolant tank for size and fitment. but it all might just worth it

TRBO VNM

give hellion a call. I can't remember exactly since they don't really offer the 88mm kit anymore, but IIRC, you don't have to go through everything that faststang did with his custom setup if you use the same 88mm that hellion had in their kit.

you will need to change the downpipe and I think you will need an adapter since the 88 is a T6 flange and the up-pipe is a t4. I don't think you use the turbo bracket anymore, but could make your own.

there will be some other things. you can also pm hellioncobra. he had the pre production kit on his car since he was the test mule and could give you more info.

DeadM8

Turbo Terror
Established Member
give hellion a call. I can't remember exactly since they don't really offer the 88mm kit anymore, but IIRC, you don't have to go through everything that faststang did with his custom setup if you use the same 88mm that hellion had in their kit.

you will need to change the downpipe and I think you will need an adapter since the 88 is a T6 flange and the up-pipe is a t4. I don't think you use the turbo bracket anymore, but could make your own.

there will be some other things. you can also pm hellioncobra. he had the pre production kit on his car since he was the test mule and could give you more info.

thanks for the info! i have heard that I might want to look into an 88mm with a t4 flange, as with a stock motor I wouldnt be able to spool up the t6 flange until like 6k rpm. I'm just trying to get an idea of what turbo I'll be moving up to in the future. I am def going to max out my current setup with the precision 76 gts first, but like the idea of going with an 88mm later.

Users who are viewing this thread