86 Fox vs. 05/06 GT

427' Cobra

Honda Sucks
Established Member
My father hgelped me build my stang so after 4 months of being done I finally took him out this past saturday.So I came up to the light and next to me was an 05/06 mustang gt I was with my father and he said "Smoke him Roger" now I have been waiting to run into one of these. I know what my car can do but i have read that stock these new mustangs run high 13's. so I give the guy a little rev he does nothing, so I didn't think he wanted to run.
next thing I know the light turns green and he's off. I thought to myself ok what was that he didn't even let me know he wanted to race. So we get to the next light and this time I'm ready green light and I'm off and jump him a car off the line and just kept on pulling so i thought what junk those new mustangs are then we ran from a 2nd gear roll 3rd honk and I jump on him a car and by the end of 4th gear I had 2 and a half cars to 3 car on him. I thought the new mustangs would of at least given me a run for my money.
mods are in my sig

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Dude, you ruined his weekend!!! Gr8 kill.

What gears you running in that 86? I bet he wasn't expecting to get beaten by an exposed headlight fox.

JAYMONEY

Established Member
I had a '89 LX with an EFI to carb conversion. It had a dual plane intake, 750 Holley, E-303 cam, aftermarket valve springs, 1.6 rockers, and short tubed headers. With 4.10 gears and stock clutch setup, the car ran high 12's. If I were you, I wouldn't be too suprised that you whooped a '05/'06 GT. Nice kill :thumbsup:

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
what are those stock gears ....like 2.73's?? that what was in my 95 5.0

JAYMONEY

Established Member
Autos came with 3.27's. I believe some 5-spd 'verts had 3.27s, I'm not sure. Still, with your mods, you were'nt gonna have a problem with a stock '05/'06 GT, even with the 2.73 gears. :burnout:

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
i thought the only gears they came in was either 2.73's or 3.08's.....at least that is what a ford technician told me

rodtoo40

Established Member
I`m the guys father don`t let him kid you.I was visting from Texas for 2 weeks.The guy in the 05 or 06GT.Never stood a chance and as far as the 3 cars it was more then that.I know I was there and it felt good to see my kid win over it.Now when I get done with RX7 V8 I will have to trailer it down and teach him a lesson.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
JAYMONEY said:
Autos came with 3.27's. I believe some 5-spd 'verts had 3.27s, I'm not sure. Still, with your mods, you were'nt gonna have a problem with a stock '05/'06 GT, even with the 2.73 gears. :burnout:

some autos came with 2.73s also.

if you can do the deed with the 2.73s...3.73s will blow your mind.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Crap, makes me want to go buy back my '86... Sounds like an awesome car, wish I could get into some races with my Dad riding along.

rodtoo40

Established Member
not everyday

Duende said:
Crap, makes me want to go buy back my '86... Sounds like an awesome car, wish I could get into some races with my Dad riding along.
It was fun.I have to tell the truth .His car is all old school But I will be back with the rx7 sbc v8 to take out my sons stang.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
427' Cobra said:
My father hgelped me build my stang so after 4 months of being done I finally took him out this past saturday.So I came up to the light and next to me was an 05/06 mustang gt I was with my father and he said "Smoke him Roger" now I have been waiting to run into one of these. I know what my car can do but i have read that stock these new mustangs run high 13's. so I give the guy a little rev he does nothing, so I didn't think he wanted to run.
next thing I know the light turns green and he's off. I thought to myself ok what was that he didn't even let me know he wanted to race. So we get to the next light and this time I'm ready green light and I'm off and jump him a car off the line and just kept on pulling so i thought what junk those new mustangs are then we ran from a 2nd gear roll 3rd honk and I jump on him a car and by the end of 4th gear I had 2 and a half cars to 3 car on him. I thought the new mustangs would of at least given me a run for my money.
mods are in my sig
Well I only have one thing to say about that, and it begins with a 'P'.

Please post some pics of your 5.0 :)
And nice one :rolling:

rodtoo40

Established Member
this is for you 300bhp/ton

300bhp/ton said:
Well,well .I was wondering how long before a punk would show up and say some smart mouthed trash.I don`t know you and from what I can tell don`t want to .But if you are ever in say Florida or Texas Look my son or myself and put your money where you bitch ass punk mouth is!By the way I`m the kids father incase you are wondering who the hell I am

Last edited:

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
rodtoo40 said:
300bhp/ton said:
Well,well .I was wondering how long before a punk would show up and say some smart mouthed trash.I don`t know you and from what I can tell don`t want to .But if you are ever in say Florida or Texas Look my son or myself and put your money where you bitch ass punk mouth is!By the way I`m the kids father incase you are wondering who the hell I am
WTF I asked for pic of the ride cos 5.0's look great, your wierd either that or need to READ.

Users who are viewing this thread