'82 Capri

Jtek

Doesn't come around often
Established Member
As prolly nobody remembers me from a long time ago hahah, I was trying ways around paying up the ass for a mustang up my tastes, 90-93 GT.
Celica didnt turn out as planned..http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24588 is the old thread.

Now I have come acrossed an 82 Merc Capri with 5.0 4sp, posi, lowered somewhat, custom rims, nasty interior, nappy exterior and FAST AS HELL.

This is a good site to go as I dont have, directly, a mustang, but it is of the Fast Ford Family.

Yaaay for me.

Last edited:

Jtek

Established Member
Nobody? Does the Capri suck? I thought it was the "affordable" Mustang??

03CobraBro

Established Member
Capri is the same as the Mustangs from that time period, not better not worse. Basically a Mustang with different tail and headlights and Mercury badging.

I'd go for one if the price was right and I was in the market for an early notchback.

Last edited:

Jtek

Established Member
Hey, is there a way to swap the front end for a 92 fox body style? I dont like the double squares. Be different if they were double roundies...

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
There is a mid 80's capri out here for sale that is absolutely perfect, Not a spot on it. It is the hatch with the big bubble glass. Lipstick red, 4 speed. The guy has a pro-street capri that is pretty cool. stroker windsor, but the red one he is askin 4500, 5 in through there, and it is worth every penny. Would be a great start.

intero

Established Member
Capri's rock! Sooo light. keep the body the way it is, just stuff a nice 331 in there and a better tranny. Upgrade the brakes, or go 5 bolt and that will be a beast.
82 - old enough where you don't have to worry about emissions either. :)
-Tom

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The 1982 cars are the first year for the high output 5.0 w/351 firing order,marine HO cam, high flow 2 barrel carb,7.5 REAR, Pretty cool car
from a historical perspective, every thing before(74-81) that was mind numbingly SLOWWWW. 8.8 rear will bolt in, duals and shorty headers will bolt in....very upgradeable

Last edited:

Jtek

Established Member
99CobraBlack, I am getting one, not buying one. Its those prices that prevent my broke ass from hving what I desire...handling and raw power both in one. Thanks tho.

intero, The engine thats alredy in it is said to have either high 250hp or low 260, somewhere around that and I know it too, drove it myself.
O man, I can't WAIT till he gets off his arse and nabbs that title so I can make the trade.

Jimmysidecarr, maybe upgrades in the future (not near =) will be done, but for now, its getting this Capri's interior pieces to maych in color, get the front and rear spoiler from 92 fox bod I'm looking for (I don't like the type of rear spoiler and front thats on it now, the double square) basically.

I miss my 91 Stang GT I had, too bad the dash fried and was forced to do away with it. Now I'm trying to make this one as much like that one as possible, but differences between the 2 to me are really unknown like mating 91 complete front end, dash and center console to this 82 capri.
I hope I dont sound like a ricer guy cause I'm trying to make a certain car something something other than what it really is. Its all about availability and affordability.
I know mustangs are not cheap (I live near a dealer woowee), but all I can do is basically "make-do" with the one I have and try to obtain the car I am REALLY looking for.

So if anybody has done this swap I'm attemting to find info on, help is MOST appreciated =)

Interior-seats//dash//center console.
Exterior-front clip (bumper and head lights)//rear spoiler//sideskirts/wheel pattern same????
Man, I feel so new hhahahahahh

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Jtek
Hey, is there a way to swap the front end for a 92 fox body style? I dont like the double squares. Be different if they were double roundies...

Iv seen it done, but I couldnt tell you who to talk to. I had a buddy in highschool that worked that exact same project (Converted a "mustang" capri to a 87/93 Fox). Car looked pretty darn sharp after it was done.

I think the Capri's look pretty neat as they are, and I dont really think alot of people realize that mercury, at one time, basically had there own version of the Mustang. That deffinatly gives them a mystique.

Last edited:

Jtek

Established Member
Thanks guys. I think I should've posted this in a different area....like the technical area as this question is pretty technical...thanks again, SNK BITN, I'll check that site out, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread