8-rib tensioner for a 4.6

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Gotta pay to play.. You can try a steel ford racing one, or maybe UPR.. I can't say that they'll fit behind the Vortech Bracket though.

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
I run the steel ford 3 bolt tensioner. It's working great and I'm using the pulley that comes with it too which is meant for 6 rib but the 8 rib runs just fine on it. It was about $160 new from tousley. I run a d1sc not vortech but I would assume it would fit with your bracket since it's oem equipment. Not sure though.

That's the only other option. I think uprs only fits the 03/04 cobras if I'm not mistaken.

I8URLS1

Established Member
I have a Thumprrr that I used on my KB setup but it does not work with the timing cover on my new motor. Wish I had thought about that earlier, anyways I have not listed it for sale yet but was planning to. PM me if you are interested

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ It has to be the one that is specific for the Vortech or else it won't fit behind the bracket.

J's98Snake

Established Member
Bought the 8 rib off of a f150 new from ford never had a problem

Thanks CamCobra.

Prior to the ThumperRRR people have been making big power for a long time. 8-rib for an F150 sounds great to me. Is there a specific year or will any 5.4 8-rib work.

For everyone else...I've been running my OEM tensioner (1998) since 2003 with a s/c (8-rib), making on the boarder of 600 rw. No need to drop $400 but thatks for the input (not being sarcastic).

-Jake

95PGTTech

Established Member
Prior to the ThumperRRR people have been making big power for a long time. 8-rib for an F150 sounds great to me. Is there a specific year or will any 5.4 8-rib work.
-Jake

People have been making big power and shredding belts, slippage, and exploding tensioners were accepted as a normal cost of paying to play because there was no better alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread