8 for 8 on an 06 F-150

Wawful

Established Member
20131113_111743_zps23c9c9af.jpg

Working on an f-150 in the school shop. I knew it would be an issue but 8 out of 8 hahahaha. let the fun begin

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Keep us posted. :lol1: Hopefully things will now get better. ;-)

Wawful

Established Member
the school has all the tools, we soaked with sea foam deep creep over night after cracking them open less than a quarter turn each. soaked for about an hour with sea foam up to the Sp.plug jamb nut before we cracked them. Today I got 5 out and the 6th is ready to come out tomorrow. Should be all tucked back together tomorrow...... if all goes well :coolman:

spike_africa

Established Member
On my 99 F150 it was a solid 3 hour job due to the back two spark plugs under the cowl to swap plugs. On the 2v I can do all 8 in about 30 mins now. I do swap plugs about twice a year from nitrous use so I;m pretty good at it.

Wawful

Established Member
Got all the bits left out of the engine then got the new ones in, with high temp anti-seize so we don't have this problem again. All went well in the end and she drove away happy.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
About to sell my 05 F150 before the plugs need to be replaced. Not really looking forward to the 2 piece plug issue. Ford and their head problems crack me up. 4 thread blowouts n the Terminators and this. Still gonna buy a F250. No one is perfect. LOL

95PGTTech

Established Member
i love my 2v heads. They dont flow much but i can get plugs out in one piece :)

When they self-eject, they take the 4 threads of the cylinder head out with them. Much better design. :dw:

I remember the first time this happened to me , had a customer with a work truck that would rack up the miles like crazy (did over 50K a year). Two broke on the passenger cylinder head despite doing every preventative measure (at that point) out there. We ended up just pulling the head and having a machine shop get them the rest of the way out.

I agree about the tool now - a god-send. As well as the redesigned plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread