8.31 @ 165.59 Fluid Turbo Concepts doing work!

Bud

Established Member
Well, Bradenton was a very successful trip. We ran 21psi through the car, the stock block held, and we were rewarded with an 8.31 @ 165.59mph. That was the all in glory run considering I'm not running any aftermarket sleeves or block supports, I'm very happy it took the abuse. I'm now a firm believer that a good turbo system and a good tune is key to making parts live. We were around 1100hp to the rear tires on the stock block, and it lived!

Big thanks to Ken and Lund Racing for a tune that made big power and kept the motor alive. Huge thanks to Fluid Turbo Concepts for making a kit that runs the number with their off the shelf parts. Thanks to Power By The Hour for all the help with the car. Thanks to L&M Motors for putting together a badass motor that held up to this abuse. Last but not least thanks to Jon and Clinton for their help on the car, the trip, and for hanging out for the fun times in Flordia!

Thanks also to those that took the time to hang out and chat with us. Living way out west we don't get that opportunity very often. Was cool hanging out with Fred, Terry, Kelly, Sharad, and others. Hope to meet up with everybody again in Bowling Green! Dustin, you suck, call a mf'r next time you are near by so we can grab some beers.

Here is a link to video of the 8.31 on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=632127286835508

3ANfb7A.jpg

Bud

Established Member
That is impressive.congrats.what about your transmission?

Running a glide. Now that people are coming up with tbrakes for the 6r80 that would have been cool to still be running. The glide is 60lbs lighter, has an SFI case and bell, and will take all the power I can throw at it though so still nice to have.

Bud

Established Member
Car was moving out that's for sure! Congrats!

Thanks man, I'm pissed I didn't get to catch your car running and check it out in person. Time flew by out there so I missed quite a few things. Next time :beer:

gt347mustang

Established Member
Gawd damn! Everything I log onto this site, this car hits another PB!

Good work!

When you running at bandimere? I need to see this run in person.

D.T.R

Established Member
dang dude, that's an insane number.
Glad to see a TT car run that good.

Bud

Established Member
Nice job Bud! Congrats to you and Ken and the team. Car is flying! :D

Thanks man, can't wait to see what your CM car does...turbo seems to be a winning choice for that class so far.

Gawd damn! Everything I log onto this site, this car hits another PB!

Good work!

When you running at bandimere? I need to see this run in person.

Thanks, first event here is May 4th. Here is a link to schedule and other info for the heads up org here: Automotive Performance Center racing

dang dude, that's an insane number.
Glad to see a TT car run that good.

Thanks, and this is on the base 60mm journal bearing magnums that were originally going to be in the kit. Hopefully the precisions the kit will now come with are a good upgrade.

D.T.R

Established Member
Yeah that's pretty impressive. The 6266s will definitely perform better, assuming you have a t-brake.

Torchy

Established Member
Is this the Lund TT kit? If so has it always had this name?

Your def hauling!

Bud

Established Member
Congrats I made sure my cousin recorded all your runs. Good to meet you and good luck out there racing

Good to meet you in person this past weekend. Greatly appreciated on the vids, assuming that is where the video on facebook of the 8.31 came from?

Is this the Lund TT kit? If so has it always had this name?

Your def hauling!

This is the Lund TT50 kit. I think the Fluid name has been planned for awhile, they are just now bringing it out though.

Bud

Established Member
That's fast!

Hopefully I'll see this car up at Bandimere..

As long as nothing breaks over the season it will be at Bandimere and Julesburg at the dates listed in the link above. Other than that it might hit a Tuesday night test night here and there at Bandimere.

Users who are viewing this thread