795rwhp Terminator vs. 800+rwhp TT /built Porsche---Day vid

klr16G

Established Member
I think that Porsche makes good power does it make 800hp maybe, but the cobra just got the traction seems like the Porsche was spinning and just cant catch up I don't care how light your car is your just not going to pull him in with equal hp, Its always going to be a divers race here.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
What do we need dyno graphs or even vids for? We've got members here who can predict the outcome of every race and how much power a car makes by just seeing a highway pull, and then create excuses for any results that weren't expected. :bored:

We should all stop wasting our time even racing. Mustangs f'n suck. Let's just rename/retheme the site all together. Never seen an enthusiast site that was so contradictory.

kaz109

Established Member
What do we need dyno graphs or even vids for? We've got members here who can predict the outcome of every race and how much power a car makes by just seeing a highway pull, and then create excuses for any results that weren't expected. :bored:

We should all stop wasting our time even racing. Mustangs f'n suck. Let's just rename/retheme the site all together. Never seen an enthusiast site that was so contradictory.

Should I get you a tissue or are you done crying? Lol

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Torque, good driver and a dinner table power/torque band makes this not at all surprising. Having previously owned a ts cobra with nitrous on top of it, I don't at all doubt that race. That's a wicked efficient setup!

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I read somewhere this is a stock engine (bottom end, heads, cams, etc.) with 100,000 miles on it. Same Cobra that killed the E85 full bolt on GTR.?.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I'd like to see that Porsche race the GTR they showed the Cobra beat recently in another vid from TRC.

TheHitman™

Established Member
Torque, good driver and a dinner table power/torque band makes this not at all surprising. Having previously owned a ts cobra with nitrous on top of it, I don't at all doubt that race. That's a wicked efficient setup!

I don't know the details of the Porsche but it has plenty of advantages in other areas, one of the big ones being weight. Also Porsche, especially newer Porsches are laggy dyno queens like Supras are. If this was said cobra vs a Supra and this was the outcome I wouldn't doubt the outcome at all. Vs this Porsche, I would like to know more about the Porsche.

jleews6

Established Member
That really surprised me. I'm almost inclined to say that the Porsche isn't making 800whp but I don't have dyno sheets in front of me. Just something to think about.

Even if it did make 800,its just a dyno number and its also just a peak number.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
The funniest part is that was actually a serious question

Oh really? You (being in california) were seriously asking me (in Texas) if you could offer me a tissue? Did you think about that for even a second before you typed it? I can see there's going to be no real hope of talking to you on any real level, and because I couldn't care less, I'm done with you. You can take the last word. (I can tell that means something to you) :loser:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I don't know the details of the Porsche but it has plenty of advantages in other areas, one of the big ones being weight. Also Porsche, especially newer Porsches are laggy dyno queens like Supras are. If this was said cobra vs a Supra and this was the outcome I wouldn't doubt the outcome at all. Vs this Porsche, I would like to know more about the Porsche.

You're forgetting a few things, stock weight vs stock weight yes, Porsche has the advantage but that's not what we are talking about here. Weight is within a few hundred pounds with the cobra probably being heavier. That's not enough in a race like this, a simple little tire spin on one car and it's night night with how close the "power" numbers are claimed, which is why we don't race dyno's. The cobra is a 140+ mph car all day, plus the driver can shift.

jleews6

Established Member
You're forgetting a few things, stock weight vs stock weight yes, Porsche has the advantage but that's not what we are talking about here. Weight is within a few hundred pounds with the cobra probably being heavier. That's not enough in a race like this, a simple little tire spin on one car and it's night night with how close the "power" numbers are claimed, which is why we don't race dyno's. The cobra is a 140+ mph car all day, plus the driver can shift.

I agree and the porsche is not going to recover after the shift like the Cobra. It may not be a dyno queen like a Supra but I would bet money the the cobra motor spent more time making more HP on that run then the porsche did. Also ,carrying momentum means allot more then people think.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I agree and the porsche is not going to recover after the shift like the Cobra. It may not be a dyno queen like a Supra but I would bet money the the cobra motor spent more time making more HP on that run then the porsche did. Also ,carrying momentum means allot more then people think.

When the lesser dinosaur technology terminator cobra wins vs a newer, lighter and better engineered car it seems like a mystery but anyone who has ever owned a terminator anywhere close to this power knows that the raw car itself is why it wins. /rant

Users who are viewing this thread