795rwhp Terminator vs. 800+rwhp TT /built Porsche---Day vid

Coxy

Established Member
Didn't expect that either! But after watching that vid I didn't care... I'd rub my wiener all over both of those cars in private! So nice!

TheHitman™

Established Member
That really surprised me. I'm almost inclined to say that the Porsche isn't making 800whp but I don't have dyno sheets in front of me. Just something to think about.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Was definitely not expecting that! Figured the Porsche would take that one. Nice runs!

stangfreak

Established Member
My buddy before he went twin turbo, he had a kenne bell 2.8 mammoth kit, cams, stock bottom end with a 4r70w automatic transmission. car made 740rwhp. He ran a built tt Porsche from a roll and won. The other car was making more than my friends cobra and that Porsche was no joke. Its a well known car. so I am not totally surprised at this race. just a reference if anyone is curious

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
God damn!
That Terminator is representing!

Is the Porsche all wheel drive and maybe that is eating up some of the HP?
I would think if both cars had the same HP the Porsche would be lighter and therefore quicker?

Don't know, don't care...... I just liked seeing something I didn't expect in the daylight from multiple angles.

SV

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
I call bullshit...Someone is lying about their horsepower... With the weight difference the wrong car won or is a dweeb of a driver.

Greg

TheHitman™

Established Member
My buddy before he went twin turbo, he had a kenne bell 2.8 mammoth kit, cams, stock bottom end with a 4r70w automatic transmission. car made 740rwhp. He ran a built tt Porsche from a roll and won. The other car was making more than my friends cobra and that Porsche was no joke. Its a well known car. so I am not totally surprised at this race. just a reference if anyone is curious

That must have been a crappily built porsche if it lost and it made more power. Porsches have as many advantages over a Cobra than a GT-R has plus they are lighter than Cobras from the factory. Even the 6 speeds still have a weight, gearing and aero advantage.

TheHitman™

Established Member
Torque makes a hell of a difference in a race... Just cause the Porsche makes more horse power doesn't make it faster.

Torque doesn't make a race either. I've seen cars making similar power to cars with less torque lose by a lot, especially if one car weighs less. And if the Porsche was PDK than the the numbers are definitely false.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Awesome race!

I'd like to compare graphs.

stangfreak

Established Member
That must have been a crappily built porsche if it lost and it made more power. Porsches have as many advantages over a Cobra than a GT-R has plus they are lighter than Cobras from the factory. Even the 6 speeds still have a weight, gearing and aero advantage.

Ill have the owner of the cobra come in this thread and He will give more detail

Users who are viewing this thread