78mphgpr TT 03 cobra vs Heads/Cam/Nitrous Z06!!!!

360R

Established Member
I think you guys are missing a very important thing. Terry still hasnt had alot of seat time with his car, shit that thing was sitting for a while and now its a whole diff setup. Give him a lil while where he'll be able to brake boost at low speed and really jump out off the line, even against that vette. Either way. Terry got owned. He was catching but, Dam he looked like a supra. Vette looks very quick. Very hard car to beat specially from that 40. Good runs terry, throw some spray on that thing on the hit and see what happens.

The Joker

Johnny Rev Customs
Established Member
Sinultros said:
The Cobra obviously had more top end but the Vette won that round. Looked like he already let off as the Cobra was passing.

you around athens, GA much?? went there to see a friend and a guy had a car similar to yours i raced.

jasil

Established Member
cbrtrx said:
yes , we both agreed on a 40 to 140mph race at 145mph i hit the brakes hard as he was passing me, the cobra also had a passenger, for people that dont know 78mph's car it is fully built and an extremly fast car, this is not some stock cobra with just a cheap turbo kit

EXACTLY!!!! When the 42R EVO would get spanked everyone would whine and yell "But he was coming on strong etc etc" Who cares:bash: This is the street I don't care if your car can beat my car to 175mph........races that are set 40-140mph you race 40-140mph that's it the FRC Vette won.

If that was a EVO instead of a Cobra people would be singing a different tune because it is a Cobra the excuse crew has come out.

Lastly, it's obvious the Cobra has more power and with brake boosting, nitrous, etc the race may have a different outcome it's all bench racing until that happens though.

Good job!!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
78mphgpr said:
My personal look as this was for fun and I gave CBR every single thing that he asked for to make it happen. It was 100% to his advantage. I am not blaming CBR for asking for his perfect race, just like with his Evo, he would only run from a dig. Makes perfect sense. I guess that is the attitude to have .
The 40 was his perfect spot...and my absolute worst. I was planning on running him down, which I did. Shit, I was ready to race any terms due to the fact that no one was racing! I would have raced someone from 10mph to 20mph to get a damn race off. All the talk and no races, I call people, no races. I had to do something.
Then I get persucted for it? You can't win on the internet. I guess that I will do like others and NEVER give up anything. It will be on my terms only.

Hopefully the remach will be tomorrow night.
I commend you for racing on his terms. It seems only fair that he should give you a race on yours. Looking forward to the rematch.:rockon:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
I commend you for racing on his terms. It seems only fair that he should give you a race on yours. Looking forward to the rematch.:rockon:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:

:rockon:

Car looks great Terry! Nice race and good luck on the next....:beer:

SNAFU

Established Member
2nd gear@ 40mph and brake boosting gets me about 12psi of boost on the hit,but its a timing thing,so you don't push the front wheels..Both cars are Bad Ass.IMO the cobra will put atleast 1 car on the vett in the same race if he gets the brake boosting down.When I ran Broke 7 with him sprayin everyone thought I would be playin catch up:shrug:I've run several very strong blower cars and none of them jumped out like the vett did here. 78mphgpr will figure it out and the next time they run there will be a very different result:burnout: Good Luck and keep the FORDS out front..LOL

TheBlkMach1

Leroy is back.
Established Member
SNAFU said:
2nd gear@ 40mph and brake boosting gets me about 12psi of boost on the hit,but its a timing thing,so you don't push the front wheels..Both cars are Bad Ass.IMO the cobra will put atleast 1 car on the vett in the same race if he gets the brake boosting down.When I ran Broke 7 with him sprayin everyone thought I would be playin catch up:shrug:I've run several very strong blower cars and none of them jumped out like the vett did here. 78mphgpr will figure it out and the next time they run there will be a very different result:burnout: Good Luck and keep the FORDS out front..LOL
I'd be willing to bet it would probably be more than 1 car in the same race, but it doesn't look like the rematch will happen. CBRTRX declined a rematch so i guess we will never know.

SNAFU

Established Member
TheBlkMach1 said:
I'd be willing to bet it would probably be more than 1 car in the same race, but it doesn't look like the rematch will happen. CBRTRX declined a rematch so i guess we will never know.
CBRTRX knows that the 3 honk drive by start probably wont work again and if the Cobra gets any kind of boost up for the start,he would be TOAST:beer: :burnout:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Very cool, fast cars.

So someone beat me to the aerial race footage. I've been wanting to do that for a while. :D

BayareaSS

Established Member
SNAFU said:
CBRTRX knows that the 3 honk drive by start probably wont work again and if the Cobra gets any kind of boost up for the start,he would be TOAST:beer: :burnout:
Too Bad the Cobra did the honking:loser:

Users who are viewing this thread