$750 For Paint Correction?

Chewy

Established Member
How is the Detailer you're trying to work with?

$750 for 20 hours worth of work is pretty cheap actually. Less than $40 per hour. Most higher end pros that post their work on forums charge nearly double that. Personally, it's a steal. The guy charging $300 doesn't value his time or quality to charge more so run. Body shops charge $40-50 per hour and **** up your paint.

If you want, have him do a test panel without applying any wax/sealant. Wipe it down with alcohol and see how it looks in a couple days.

Or, just tell me who it is and if I know the person I can confirm their quality.

ondeeeznuts

Established Member
Here's a full correction I did on a full size chevy HD, 17 + hours total, without wetsanding

50/50 shot tape off

deli.jpg

after compounding, before final wax

2012-03-31_17-31-54_897.jpg

should have been $595.00, I charge $35 and hour to compound and detail, $50 an hour to wetsand I charged him $350.00 and he comes back 3 times a year

danponjican

Established Member
I personally wouldn't touch a full paint correction for less than $650 - $700. Until you do a 2, 3 stage paint correction yourself you have no idea how much time, patience, materials, tools and facilities it takes to achieve this level of work. Remember, you get what you pay for (this is especially true in ANY service oriented industry).

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
I personally wouldn't touch a full paint correction for less than $650 - $700. Until you do a 2, 3 stage paint correction yourself you have no idea how much time, patience, materials, tools and facilities it takes to achieve this level of work. Remember, you get what you pay for (this is especially true in ANY service oriented industry).

Hell, I wont do a 2-Step 90% correction for less than $600. A full 100% correction is nothing less than $900.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Says it will take 20ish man hours to make the car "as good as he can"

The paint isnt rough by any means but has the spider web scratches from being hand washed. I'm looking to make the paint as good as i can (factory paint, excluding the hood/bumper covers). No wet sanding, etc.

This seems crazy high to me, but he gave me the price without flinching.

Another detailer quoted me $300 and said it would take a whole day.

Maybe I'm out of touch with detailing services...or maybe this guy is just used to lambo and ferarri owners lol

Who did you end up going with and how were the results?

MikesCobra

Established Member
You get what you pay for, the 750 guy most likely knows his shit, ask for before and after photos, see what kind of cars he does and what the process is, with that, youll clearly know where to spend your money, even if you need to save a little more.

stangman4610

Established Member
Don't know how much experience you have in doing this type stuff, or how bad your car is without seeing it....but for a good amount less than $750 you could pretty much buy everything you would need to do the work yourself and then own the equipment, products, etc.

Autogeek is a great resource ...

Save yourself some money, own the equipment for future details, and no one is going to pay as close attention to your car as you.... just my .02

cobra1993svt

Established Member
I just helped do a Tesla Signature last weekend at my friends shop. Its a guys spare car. Only had 231 miles so it wasnt driven much. If you count three guys doing a correction at X amount per hour. It adds up quick. Think in total we had 46 hours into it.
Heck the wheels and inner fenders took me 6hr alone.
IMO most people dont even understand what a paint correction is.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
I charge $350-$500 for wash, clay, v34 compounding, then v36, then v38 jewling, jetseal 109, glaze, then pinnacle wax.

That is inclusive of a full detail inside and out. I charge lower to get my client list up and moving...

Users who are viewing this thread