75 shot putting in some work!!

Bite u

Established Member
Car is in sig.. Previous bests were on same shot, nothing has changed minus some suspension work and weigh loss. Car no weighs 3080 without me vs previous 3220, and I'm 230 roughly. This was a grudge race event, so no slips were givin. However on my last and worst pass some buddies asked the staging guy to ask the tower and I got a number of 11.53 @ 117, but it didn't feel as good out the hole and for whatever reason for about 5 seconds or so the nitrous either quit spraying, air pocket, or something not to sure. But a few guys r thinking 11.3 range @ 120-122 some r saying faster but I don't see it.

Running 4.56's, 26" tall Goodyear slick n crossing traps around 7-7200 few videos, losing the weigh n putting the fox gt springs n some strange really helped out I think! Lemme know what ya think

Matt vs Richard - YouTube

The mobile nightmare 2v vs the budget b - YouTube

Mmp tuned budget b head cobra vs built LS on spray - YouTube

Go pro video posted. Mine and the 2v race is around 4:05(2v=150shot, me 75shot)
http://youtu.be/zdHTpA-uUZk

Weather was around 65-70, I want it around 55-60 and I will head back for some time slips... But ima say it's a solid 11.9-12.0 car on motor with a 1.6 60' and 11.3 or so at 120 car on the 75 shot! So not to bad... I'm happy with it for the amount of money invested!

Last edited:

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Gulfport? I was there last night too, managed a new PB but track wasn't prepped and humidity was at 90% so you can definitely go faster, my wife and son got sick so had to leave for street event.

Bite u

Established Member
Guess new converter is working for ya? Good deal, too bad I missed ya. I was working till 9:30, didn't get out there till the 11:15 or so. Place was crazy packed out.. Started clearing out around 1 though. It'd b nice if she'd crack 10.99 on the 75, but I highly doubt it would happen!

Bite u

Established Member
The silver car motor is stout and with a 9500 rpm lol, she's a 4v that will move out. So even though a rolled through and red lighted him( no stage light, just green light) we hung in side by side and I started pulling a tad up top.. He's raced a tvs 500 n procharged 5.0 and was giving me some major props (guys also my tuner ;) him a few others seem to think my car is 122-123 range.. I just don't see it. But we will know shortly, waiting for lower humidity and 60*

clc44

Established Member
Awesome work man! So is Matt's car all set? So you're saying yours is a little faster than his?

Can't wait to see your cooler weather numbers.

That CTS-V Wagon was pretty cool.

C.Hicks26

SVT-888
Established Member

Haha your brother derek told what you ran as soon as you did it and i was in montgomery at the track myself lol!! when i saw the slip i was like that car is putting in work haha!! I managed my new PB with my vert on drag wheels and radials in which i finally broke into the 7's in the 1/8 (7.88 @ 89mph) with a 1.73 60ft and 12.30 @ 106mph. Trap was off with the track i believe because it usually traps around 112 or so. I didnt powershift either. I was intending on running my slicks that night but when i noticed one of my lug nuts starting to strip i quickly just tightened them back up and left that alone lol

Bite u

Established Member
yeah cstv wagon was nasty... built motor and supposed to be 700+ wheel, and he said it weighed like 47-4800 with him in it. so impressive for sure

and im not sure how much I may or may not have jumped matt on the start... once I staged I never got the car fully stopped so it crept forward and at the last min tripped the redlight... im pretty sure I went with him on the green may have jumped a hair, but we were locked down through the 1/8th, and once I hit 4th I started pulling, but he also said that he was running lean up top a tad still... but yes I got a little revenge on him, from when he was turbo and picked on me :0), was definitely fun

Bite u

Established Member
well guys.... I got a little good new today and figured I would share with everyone here..

the 2v that I ran last Friday, ended up going back to the track tonight to meet up with a few of the LS family crowd for a little racing. the same 2v that I raced Friday night, nothing changed at all. just jump in and take off to the track

he ended up with a 1.61 60' and a 11.61 @ 121.4, so with that being said and going off our run we had and my steady pull I started before the 1/8th and woulda surely continued even had he not missed the gear im doing a little bench racing, I figured I'd add .2-.3 off the et and 2-3 mph more. but its looking like the ole 75 shot cobra is gonna be in the 11.2-11.3 range at about 123-125. I was crossing traps at 71-7200 on a 26x8.5x15 goodyear! :rockon: im pretty pumped to get back to the 1/4 and get my own slips... and if the planets align right I think she might have a shot at possibly squeakin out a 10.99.

so if that's the case... its looking like the ole motor times r gonna dip down in the 11's (hopefully) and trap around 113-115. not to shabby for ole girl!

needless to say, don't fear the gear! even when spraying.. IT WORKS

:banana:

Bite u

Established Member
Stepping it to a .62 jet once I get the fuel pump in there.. That's supposed to b a 150 wheel but I think the zex box noid will only allow 125, cause all I saw last time was 120 before, when the car made 290 on motor, plus this 75 is also tuned different and a lot leaner than the previous 125 was before ported short runner swap. It took me a little time, but I think I got her going in the right direction :)

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
So your b headed car with a 75 shot hangs with the fr500 intake'd, high compression, high rpm car? Something's not right.

Bite u

Established Member
So your b headed car with a 75 shot hangs with the fr500 intake'd, high compression, high rpm car? Something's not right.

whats not right? my car is 100lbs lighter, driver im prolly 30 maybe 40 lighter.. cars were weighed after leaving the track. his car isn't perfect yet, he is still working out the kinks.. said it was running a tad lean uptop.. few days later he went back and added some fuel to it and said its running much better, so now he is working on slowing the front suspension down as its unloading at the line. we plan to do it again soon.

my car did 413/451 on the .46 jet size through a zex dry kit.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
whats not right? my car is 100lbs lighter, driver im prolly 30 maybe 40 lighter.. cars were weighed after leaving the track. his car isn't perfect yet, he is still working out the kinks.. said it was running a tad lean uptop.. few days later he went back and added some fuel to it and said its running much better, so now he is working on slowing the front suspension down as its unloading at the line. we plan to do it again soon.

my car did 413/451 on the .46 jet size through a zex dry kit.

Him running lean would be more power, just closer to hurting the motor, right? Shouldn't slow him down.

ModMotorMadMan

Established Member

Old Richard making more than 75whp from that shot from propper nitrous tuning :p
My car won't leave on front end like it needs to cause converter still a touch small, kills trap with this engine and I also spun :(
Its not a fr500 anymore either sold all that. Car planed out from lack of fuel but got that taken care of now.
Was first night out with it, 3500# race weight etc etc etc...
Gonna get a little weight out, tighten up front suspension and retard cams (overly advanced right now trying to help converter) & going to go run my goal with ease I believe :)
Don't let Richard fool ya. The b head cobra was cracking skulls including an LS on .073 jet ;)

Bite u

Established Member
he was running lean lean once it hit 3rd (auto) he adjusted it out and ran again, still a hair too lean but he didn't wanna adjust anymore.

he just mentioned once he hit 3rd it kinda flat lined, plateaued, if that makes sense... he's been working on it since then. that was like a test and tune for him. and was the first time mine had been to the track since april.

last april when the car ran 11.69 @ 117-118 it was running on 850-875 bottle pressure (stupid zex thermostated heater) this time around I was 150lbs lighter, some weight shifted off the nose and over the rear (relocate) along with suspension changes and 900 or just a hair over on the bottle pressure...

next time out ima get it up to around 950-1000psi and test it out. im just hoping everyones assumptions r right... if so, im happy with what the car has in it and done as far as mods and power.

Users who are viewing this thread