700 Horsepower Goal. Whats Needed?

SNK-BITE

Established Member
I was going to sell it awhile back before my back got messed up still is .I cant handle heavy stop and go traffic. Thinking of a automatic. Now. Its A convertible donf need to twisting up to bad just 315 nitto rs they suck..but where am at if you dont run 8.5s u got nothing

Please ellaborate..

Last edited:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
If ur car dont run 8.5s u got nothing..yes I got nothing these guys are just sick w turbos twin turbos. The top ten list here. U need 9.0 just to get in maybe. Street cars w 30 mile. Cruise. Insane I got nothing but hey am okay with it. U or I will never be the fastest. Need bucks.big bucks

SNK-BITE

Established Member
If ur car dont run 8.5s u got nothing..yes I got nothing these guys are just sick w turbos twin turbos. The top ten list here. U need 9.0 just to get in maybe. Street cars w 30 mile. Cruise. Insane I got nothing but hey am okay with it. U or I will never be the fastest. Need bucks.big bucks

Oh ok, I thought you were talking 1/8 mile:bash: There is not alot of people with street cars running 8.5's so dont feel bad THEY are the minority in the world.

testorossa1989

Established Member
What is the best & wallet friendly way to get to 700 horsepower?

Here is your first problem. There is no such thing as a wallet friendly 700hp upgrade from a port. This topic has been covered since the dawn of time. Heres a quick breakdown, 700hp will cost you roughly 6k if you are crafty and savvy with your funds. Usually costs more like 8k. The average 700hp cobra to build was around 8-12k give or take. Your not making 700 on a stock block with a eaton. Explore your options

GodStang

Established Member
LOL

If I had $14,000 in my cobra and it didn't make north of 750 I would sell it.

Very uneducated quote here...

Here is your first problem. There is no such thing as a wallet friendly 700hp upgrade from a port. This topic has been covered since the dawn of time. Heres a quick breakdown, 700hp will cost you roughly 6k if you are crafty and savvy with your funds. Usually costs more like 8k. The average 700hp cobra to build was around 8-12k give or take. Your not making 700 on a stock block with a eaton. Explore your options

This here. Do you want 700 or do you want 700 to last. E85 is a safe easy way to get there if you don't want to spray. Also remember once you get to this level things will break. Axles/Half shafts, Trannies, engines, make sure Cooling is there also.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Very uneducated quote here...
How? $14,000 NOT COUNTING A BLOWER and he already has a return style fuel setup.....

Built motor - $8,000(Just put one together, cost $7886)
Fuel - Already Owned
Add a 2.9
E85

That car should sail WELL over 750....so please, tell me what I have left out?

I counted the actual "power" mods, but I still have $6,000 to spend on suspension, tune, trans....

So, tell me what part was "uneducated" about my post? I will give you a hint, my buddy and I JUST built a 04 cobra, it makes 756 on a TINY 2.3, no nitrous, for about $14,000. If he had spent $14,000 and still had to buy a blower it would of been a 2.9 OR F1A and it would have flown past 750....

stuntstere

Established Member
I have an 04 Cobra and would like to make a 700 horsepower street car. I currently have 2.76 pully, JLT intake, x pipe & borla stingers tuned by LUND on an SCT. The car came with a wet nitrous kit that i need to finish so ill have that option as well...

What is the best & wallet friendly way to get to 700 horsepower? Is E85 worth it? port the blower? 100 shot?

Install a 4lb lower, full bolt on, ported blower, E85, and a return fuel system and spray a 200 shot. Thatll put you 700+. Idk about the head bolts/gaskets though. Mine didn't like me anymore after the 125 shot. On a 125 I made 643hp 740tq blowing out the spark. So I figure im around the 660ish range with full spark on the 125.

Or just buy a used whipple, KB, TVS, or lysolm and E85 and make the power all the time with E85.

Last edited:

svtshadow

Banned
How? $14,000 NOT COUNTING A BLOWER and he already has a return style fuel setup.....

Fuel - Already Owned
Add a 2.9
E85

I counted the actual "power" mods, but I still have $6,000 to spend on suspension, tune, trans....

So, tell me what part was "uneducated" about my post? I will give you a hint, my buddy and I JUST built a 04 cobra, it makes 756 on a TINY 2.3, no nitrous, for about $14,000. If he had spent $14,000 and still had to buy a blower it would of been a 2.9 OR F1A and it would have flown past 750....

Tune, clutch, injectors, Maybe tranny upgrade, tires, maybe rear end plus whatever that breaks trying to hit 700rwh. 700hp sounds good on paper, but the little things add up.

cobra=trouble

Established Member

Fuel - Already Owned
Add a 2.9
E85

no I had the KB 2.6 I will get out my cost book and run the numbers for you. When I get time is early and a haven't slept tonight. It all adds up quick! I will see if I can take a picture of my cost book to post .that way it will save my alot of time. I did buy 80s and the fore rails

Quick Strike

Established Member
It all adds up pretty quick. Even if you do your own assembly. Here is a link to my costs in 09.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Tune, clutch, injectors, Maybe tranny upgrade, tires, maybe rear end plus whatever that breaks trying to hit 700rwh. 700hp sounds good on paper, but the little things add up.

^^^^this is the damn truth! I'm doing this now! I'll be between 650-700 on e-85. I'm just living and learning!

HandBanana

Established Member

Is this English...?:shrug:

OP, just forget about it at this point. Chasing a 700whp goal should never start with "How cheaply can I do this?". Port the blower, do all the bolt-ons and corn-feed it.

604cobra

lethal1
Established Member
There's nothin wallet friendly in this hobby,,,, we all have big ging & time in our rides over the years.... if you have to ask you cant afford it ,you need a new hobby.good luck
2012-11-11_17-01-22_535.jpg

Last edited:

GixxerThou_SVT

Established Member
The "700" came from my head, always wanted a "700" horsepower street car.

I am going to port the eaton, E85 and spray the house down. it'll make 700. Talk to you guys later when the build is done.

604cobra

lethal1
Established Member
I agree a big" bang "for the buck .... remember cheap will get you a heap.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread