70 pin connector #36 and #56 repin help...

rustang1

Established Member
Working on the IAT harness and connections for #36 and #56.

I located #36 and #56 pretty easy. I pushed in the piece of plastic blocking the unused #36 spot with no problem.

I placed the pinned wired into the #36 slot but it did not "lock" in place.
I can't "unlock" the #56 pin to remove for splicing the other wire of the IAT sensor.

I can't figure exactly where the "locking tab" is on the pin(s) to know which way to push.
Is the lock at the end or top of the pin side , or down at the base of the 70 pin plastic connector?

Is there a close up pic or video somewhere that I haven't found?

evil281

Established Member
I nearly decided to light my car on fire and burn it to the ground when I got to this step. I had nothing but problems here and I freaking hate wiring! I can do anything mechanical yet this step took me the longest and it's so simple... Anyway I used a really small pick tool to release the clip which is on the connection side. Lightly pull the wire from the back while you release the clip.

As far as inserting the wire make sure you have it turned the right way. There should be a side with a slot that catches on the clip as you insert it into the harness. I did notice the wire heat shield seemed kind of too wide to fit into the harness but if you push really hard it will clip in.

Last edited:

rustang1

Established Member
Yeah I hate wiring too, that's why I'm trying to be sure so I don't break a tiny plastic piece or something.

Is the "lock" at the bottom of the pin where it sits against the plastic housing, or along the side of the pin? It's hard to explain what I'm visualizing.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
There is a tool, that makes removel very easy.
Sold by radio shack, an i am trying to remember the name of the manufacture i bought mine from.
They sell all things electronic, transistors, mother boards etc.

Digi is the name.

rustang1

Established Member
So stick the tool/pick in from the connector side and leave it, then pull wire out the back. Right?

rustang1

Established Member
OK. Got the pin out. Had to grind the tool pretty small.
I'll get some solder tomorrow and get this freaking wiring done.

Vert

Established Member
OK. Got the pin out. Had to grind the tool pretty small.
I'll get some solder tomorrow and get this freaking wiring done.
Good to hear and the worst part is behind you unless you haven't cut the ribs off. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread