7-up Mustang $79000

crazycarlo

Established Member
Not quite.

This WAS supposed to be a promotional car with 7 Up, to be won in a contest as GT Premi pointed out.

The contest was cancelled after ford had already built the cars, so they were then sold by dealers as a “limited edition” car.

Potato....potato haha. Either was he’s smoking crack. Besides who wants a vert anyways haha.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
IDK ""9 mile"" 7-up car is worth something. I'm guessing between $30k-$40k.

No Ford made some limited edition models fornhe Fox. That’s one of them. They also have a yellow vert LX that a special edition.
They were the Summer Editions I believe. There was yellow & Performance red. with 16" Ponys.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... I'll never buy another low miles "old" vehicle again. ...

You can still buy yourself a low miles old vehicle and be fine. Just make sure the owner drove it at least sometimes to evaporate the water out of the fluids and keep seals and whatnot lubricated and the tires from dry rotting. That's where speculators go wrong. They buy a car, park it for decades expecting it to be valuable, then buyers who know better won't touch it with a 10' pole because they know the expense and headaches to get the dang thing roadworthy again. The unfortunate buyer who does buy it ends up wishing they hadn't.

The only place for cars in this condition is in a museum. Incidentally, a brand new national Mustang museum just opened up, and they're looking for donated cars. This one would be perfect.

rcknrol

Established Member
IDK ""9 mile"" 7-up car is worth something. I'm guessing between $30k-$40k.

They were the Summer Editions I believe. There was yellow & Performance red. with 16" Ponys.

Not even close. Looks like someone bought a non collectible car they thought would be collectible some day, so decided to put it away. Live and learn.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Not even close. Looks like someone bought a non collectible car they thought would be collectible some day, so decided to put it away. Live and learn.

I take it you haven't looked at what clean Foxes are going for these days.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Love the 7up cars. Own one myself. It will never be a museum car but I do enjoy telling the history of it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TaraFirma

Established Member
I don't know how many of you ever bought a low miles car that sat for several decades... but it's not cheap to fix. I got a 35 yo CUCV for $4k. The truck is rust free with 53k on the clock. All of the interior plastics degraded to the point that things crumble with you touch them, brakes were seize, tires dry rot, bearing seized to the axle.

We fixed so much stuff that we're up to $10k in repairs on what was suposed to be a super clean truck. We havent even started with the steering that started leaking after 3 miles through the neighborhood.

I'll never buy another low miles "old" vehicle again. If I paid any real money for the truck, I would be super pissed.

This exactly!
The car is practically worthless as a car. I's not a "running", or properly functioning vehicle. May be worth something as a museum piece, but that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread